PA 2018 Gathering Dates set

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like we may have Lance from NC coming. Be glad to have you.

Warren

I plan to be there, Warren. I have to confirm some things about whether I'll be north or south bound but my tentative plan is to hit the PA gathering on the way back from spending some time bow hunting in a Central NY suburban/urban deer management program. I should have venison with me.

Since I don't think anyone has spoken much about Saturday breakfast I'll bring the fixin's for cream biscuits, sausage gravy and poached eggs.

Hey, Joe! I can bring some hog and sheep casings if you or anyone else wants to make some (venison?) sausage. I'll have my chamber vacuum sealer with me anyway and could bring a Buffalo chopper for emulsified sausages (hot dogs, Coneys, Franks etc)

I can bring a heavy duty 5' folding stainless steel table and 2-3 folding Lifetime plastic tables. I can also bring 10 or so comfy folding chairs....

I can't remember if this was already asked but, how close is the nearest grocery store for food, ice etc?

PA Gathering Information List.

Whose coming

C-farmer (Adam) & wife, son and parents
Smokin Peachey
Boyko (Joe)
Gator240 (Denny) & wife
LanceR (Lance)
HalfSmoked (Warren) & wife

Food List

Friday Night Dinner.

Bear meat burgers, beef burgers, hot dogs Veg. crab soup
chips

We have a lot of suggestions I'm sure we won't go hungry.

Saturday Breakfast

Lance Biscuits, Sausage gravy Poached Eggs

Lunch Snack Foods

ABT's, Cheese tray, sausage snacks, Moink balls, Moink Balls with bear meat

Dinner

Meat loaf, Bear roast, Brisket, Tomato pie

Sunday breakfast

No plans at this time.

Sides Joe potato salad, Denny tomato pie, Peachey Bake Beans

Desserts Warren some kind of cake

Everyone will need to bring chairs of some type.

Also bring what you need as far as spices and ingredients for what you plan on fixing.

Denny plans on bringing all the paper products and foil trays.

Adam and Warren

Last edited:
Hi Warren

Do you have any idea of a headcount for Friday and Saturday dinners? Even something close would help.

EDIT: I should have added that my wife won't be there, just me.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Last edited:
Have no idea at this time I would say right now 12 Friday evening Saturday not sure at all Adam has some neighbors that come that evening some of the SMF member comes just Saturday. But I will try to keep up the list and let you know as we go along.

Warren

Thanks. It might be best to plan on something easy to prep in advance and to hold at safe temperature like pulled pork, cold smoked turkey for sandwiches, tater or macaroni salad etc. All of those work well as leftovers, too. When we get closer and have better numbers and arrival times we can decide then rather than try to lock in on something this far out.

I will bring the following:
Heavy paper plates
Silverware
Aluminum Foil
Aluminum Pans (Large & Med. w/lids)
Trash bags
Clorox Cleanup
Paper towels
Napkins

Also, I will bring the fixings for tomato pies. My wife is going to to make a corn and black bean salsa w/chips and also a summer dill salad.

Looks like to me and Adam you are bringing more than your share. Don't plan on anything else we appreciate all you are planing on bringing.

Warren

Looks like to me and Adam you are bringing more than your share. Don't plan on anything else we appreciate all you are planing on bringing.

Warren
Not a problem, if there is anything else needed let me know. I was planning on taking Friday the 5th off and getting there early but I need to work. I figure by the time I get off at 2:30 I should get there around 4:30 - 5:00.

I can bring a heavy duty 5' folding stainless steel table and 2-3 folding Lifetime plastic tables. I can also bring 10 or so comfy folding chairs....

Holy Jeepers kreepers LanceR..... You draggin that 800+lb fold out stainless table with ya again....heavy duty is an understatement....lol

Holy Jeepers kreepers LanceR..... You draggin that 800+lb fold out stainless table with ya again....heavy duty is an understatement....lol

Hey, Joe. I don't know if you ever heard the old joke about how military spec stuff is built but....

"What's an elephant?"

Wait for it........................Wait....................

"A mouse built to mil spec!"

I never really thought about it but you could use about three layers of those military field kitchen tables for "Hillbilly armor" to make your smoker IED resistant.

I made some peach baked beans the other week that weren’t to bad I could bring them or something else. I have some foyal pans and other things so let me know what you need yet.

Hey Peachey I think Gator is bring foil pans bake beans sound good.
When you coming? Adam says you will bring your smoker.

Lance I can bring eggs.

Warren

Reactions: LanceR
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky