Owens Collagen Casings?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Norwester55

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 1, 2018
Oregon
Has anybody used these? Searched and most recommend The Sausage Makers or Waltons. Sausage Maker is back ordered on what I want and my 1st Waltons order is somewhat of a debacle right now. I don't know if I'll be ordering from there again depending on how its resolved. Yeah, that cranky old guy thing. ;)

Haven't ordered any casings from them but have some of their seasonings. They were out of a couple things when I ordered, so maybe delayed a few days but when I got my order they had thrown in a free bag of sausage mix for 25 lbs of meat, it was delicious! With that being said, I've never heard a bad thing said about them so doubt they would sell anything that wasn't a quality product.

Ryan

I haven't ordered from them yet but plan on getting an order together. that being said they have been members here for a long time and I've never heard one negative comment about them or their products

Has anybody used these? Searched and most recommend The Sausage Makers or Waltons. Sausage Maker is back ordered on what I want and my 1st Waltons order is somewhat of a debacle right now. I don't know if I'll be ordering from there again depending on how its resolved. Yeah, that cranky old guy thing. ;)
Never got casings from them , but several seasonings . Fantastic to deal with , and great flavors on the sausage mixes . Had an issue last order that was not their fault, and she called me to get it worked out . Recomend them 100 %

Thanks guys, I've tried some of their seasonings and been happy with them and they do ship quickly. I'll put an order in today.

I have used the casings from Owens. Stuff good just like Syracuse casings.

I've known the owners for about 10 years, and I don't think you'll find better people to deal with!!

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
Just placed an order for some casings and a couple brat and stick seasonings. Of course after I got the receipt I remembered a couple other
things I wanted to try..... Never fails!
Thanks again guys!

Reactions: chopsaw
Thats what I was going to order was the German Bologna and North Country SS seasoning. I might have to make another order, German bologna is delicious!
I did get some TexMex stick and Garlic Onion brat seasoning plus I still have a couple from my last order that I haven't tried yet. Need to get to stuffin!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Just smoked about 6 lbs of summer sausage from Owen's yesterday, it turned out really good! Got meat ground for tex mex, bloody mary, teriyaki, and pepperoni sticks but then work interfered so will have to do them later. Was gonna order my casings through them also but were out of stock at the time.

Ryan

Reactions: Norwester55
Decided WTH I'm spending that "free" $600 gubmint money (that they took from me last year). Got German Bologna, Trail Bologna and Garlic SS plus a bunch of casings. I'll probably do some pepperoni stix and German bologna 1st. I've got some Green Onion seasoning from another order that sounds pretty good too.
I'd better go eat lunch or I'll be putting another order in. :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky