1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Overnight smoke in MES then grill

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by Hawaiianbrian, Mar 15, 2019 at 9:33 PM.

1. Hawaiianbrian

Hawaiianbrian Fire Starter

So I was planning on doing a pork shoulder for tomorrow. (9 lbs) was going to smoke it overnight in my MES. That’s the way I have done the last few with good results. Well now I just found out my neighborhood is having a scheduled power outage tomorrow from 730-300. My question is. Can I use my electric smoker overnight then switch it onto my Webber charcoal grill in the morning? Or will that not turn out right

2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

No problem. If you can manage the Weber heat to match the MES, you are golden. If not put the pork in a pan with some liquid of choice, cover the meat and cook at whatever temp you can manage until the Pork hits the desired IT. Simple...JJ

3. fivetricks

fivetricks Smoking Fanatic

A scheduled 7.5 power outage? Wha? Is your city on a budget plan with the power company?

4. Hawaiianbrian

Hawaiianbrian Fire Starter

Military base in Hawaii haha lots of construction going on. I just don’t know why they don’t do the work in the middle of the night during the week.

fivetricks likes this.
  5. Holly2015

Holly2015 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

After 8 or 10 hours the meat will take no more smoke flavor so all you need after that is a heat. That heat as long as you can maintain the desired temp matter not how it is produced. Charcoal, electric element, molten magma etc..... will all work.

indaswamp likes this.
  6. normanaj

normanaj Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Unionized civies.That's the real reason hammers cost $$$.

7. Holly2015

Holly2015 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Being Union for decades and working for the state and federal government for decades I see a much different side of things and where the true waste is.

fivetricks likes this.
  8. normanaj

normanaj Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Many years as a union painter at NAVSTA Newport.

Money was decent but the material and personnel waste was incredible.Got tired of paying dues to see that and went into business for myself.