• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Overcooked chuckies?

Perfect pulled beef or Overcooked beef?

• Perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Overcooked

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kapangaluc

Joined Jun 7, 2016
Hi all,

I smoked (small charbroil offset) 3 x 3 lb chuckies on Saturday. It took me more (5 hrs) than usual (smoker issues) to get them to 160ish before I wrapped them in foil with apple juice, but, except for one (very dry), they were moist, easily pulled, and family loved it. Further, I tried to slice those two and they would fall apart!!. So, I wondered: Had I been able to cook a perfect pulled beef? Or they were just overcooked? Where is the line between pulled and overcooked? See slices on board in picture below.

By the way, I took them out at 203 IT. 

View media item 480022

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
I think they were unwrapped before the meat's IT dropped back down to 140 ish....   which would have allowed for the juices to redistribute throughout the meat....

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.