Outstanding turkey recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Canadagrown

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 5, 2019
I did a smoked turkey for my wife’s family yesterday and they all said it was the best they’d ever had. I just want to share my recipe with you fine folks incase others want to try it.

Brine
2 gallons water
1.5 cups kosher salt
3 TBLS minced garlic
1/4 cup Worcestershire
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 TBLS ground pepper
Brine 24 hrs

Rinse turkey and pat dry
Mix herbs and butter and rub under turkey skin all over
1 TBLS sage
1 TBLS rosemary
1 TBLS thyme
1 cup softened butter

Season outside of turkey

Spatchcock the turkey and cook around 2 hrs on high smoke (225) until temp around 110° then brush turkey with olive oil and increase smoker to 350° Until temp is 160° in the middle of the breast (around 1.5-2hrs more) Let rest for 20 minutes and temp should be 165°.

I’m so bad at remembering photos. I was scrambling to get everything on the table and forgot haha.

Reactions: JLeonard
I did a smoked turkey for my wife’s family yesterday and they all said it was the best they’d ever had. I just want to share my recipe with you fine folks incase others want to try it.

Brine
2 gallons water
1.5 cups kosher salt
3 TBLS minced garlic
1/4 cup Worcestershire
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 TBLS ground pepper
Brine 24 hrs

Rinse turkey and pat dry
1 TBLS sage
1 TBLS rosemary
1 TBLS thyme
1 cup softened butter

Season outside of turkey

Spatchcock the turkey and cook around 2 hrs on high smoke (225) until temp around 110° then brush turkey with olive oil and increase smoker to 350° Until temp is 160° in the middle of the breast (around 1.5-2hrs more) Let rest for 20 minutes and temp should be 165°.
Did you boil or simmer the brine or just mix it up cold?

I've not tried Worcestershire in my Brine or Injection, but, you have given me something to try. Thanks for Sharing...JJ

Brine
2 gallons water
1.5 cups kosher salt
3 TBLS minced garlic
1/4 cup Worcestershire
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 TBLS ground pepper
Brine 24 hrs

Rinse turkey and pat dry
1 TBLS sage
1 TBLS rosemary
1 TBLS thyme
1 cup softened butter

Season outside of turkey

Thank you so much for the recipe and ideas. I used the brine for 24 hrs. The night before I injected with some smoked turkey broth I had frozen from my last turkey smoke. Put some sage/rosemary/thyme in the bird, some butter under the skin and rubbed it down with canola oil. Then into the BGE at 275 until she hit an IT of 162. It was by far my best smoked turkey. Thanks again!
A3FE97B5-975E-4D2E-9CC6-A71E56EE3D25.jpeg

B1A3D651-0B05-4A99-8813-D756CE50F6B7.jpeg

Thank you so much for the recipe and ideas. I used the brine for 24 hrs. The night before I injected with some smoked turkey broth I had frozen from my last turkey smoke. Put some sage/rosemary/thyme in the bird, some butter under the skin and rubbed it down with canola oil. Then into the BGE at 275 until she hit an IT of 162. It was by far my best smoked turkey. Thanks again!
View attachment 472638
View attachment 472639
Looks great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky