outdoor kitchen

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Maybe it's going to be a long build, but your going to have quite an outdoor kitchen when you finish it.

Al

so id really like you guys to  Critique the plan , let me know before I get to deep into this if something don't look right please ! 

​the smoker - 4' wide , 2' deep and about 3' tall was going to just have cinderblock inside as a finished product because there will be no flame in the smoker . But I was reading another build where they eventually get cracks in the cinderblock ?  looking to throw a piece of expanded steel in there with a steel top , and a chimney on the top to get a good draw

​the fire box is in the next section under the bbq grill . it will be roughly 2x2x2  . I did the Feldons bbq calculator to make sure the size matched up .  Do I need a wall between the smoker and the fix box ? The calculator said I needed 3 - 4" holes to feed the smoker, but is that a minimum ? I would think no wall at all would be better ?  the fire bos will be lined in fire brick . It will have a door with adjustable slider for air intake . 

​the BBQ grill (on top of the fire box)  will be simple 4' x 2' top  with fire brick for the hot coals below it , with an open front  and grats on top 

so I picked up some used fire brick , and did a dry stack to see how this is going together . I'm struggling a little figuring out how this firebox is going to transition into the smoker . also how to I fire brick the Top of the fire box? Once I get the firebox build the bbq grill will be built on top of it . 

the first picture shows there is space to left of the smoker , a lower elevation , I am wondering if it wouldn't be easier just building a separate fire box off  to the left and just pipe the smoke into the bottom of the smoker .. .. Thoughts ?

so I picked up some used fire brick , and did a dry stack to see how this is going together . I'm struggling a little figuring out how this firebox is going to transition into the smoker . also how to I fire brick the Top of the fire box? Once I get the firebox build the bbq grill will be built on top of it .

the first picture shows there is space to left of the smoker , a lower elevation , I am wondering if it wouldn't be easier just building a separate fire box off to the left and just pipe the smoke into the bottom of the smoker .. .. Thoughts ?
With this type of construction, you can likely test prior to cemented the blocks together. I have a cinderblock smoker I built over a period of a couple years before I was happy with the design and cemented the blocks. There is a bit more air leak if the blocks are dry stacked but it's still functional.

Reactions: Mr Cecil
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky