Outdoor broilers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
R&V Works makes one that I like,that actually breaths fire. They also made the Cajun fryer I have. But, it's not something I'd load up and take to the lake,too big and heavy. Not a deal breaker though.
Then there are the ceramic infrared type models like Otto Wild. Seem more flimsy, but they'd be portable.
Just weighing options.

I have never used an indoor or outdoor broiler. My Kettle can get pretty hot and I have a Weber gas grill that gets pretty hot. It there a big advantage cooking at 1500* vs 700*? That large website has a portable unit for $170. Might be a fun toy, but not sure I need one (yet)

It there a big advantage cooking at 1500* vs 700*?
Yes, flavor. I added a sear burner to my old Jenn Air gasser. Steaks done in 4m total. First time I used that burner, my family and I were FLOORED at the improvement. Total pro steakhouse results.

I have a $99 chinese KO of the Northfire and like it but admit I have not used it as often as I'd like (see above) My opinion is the high heat is a MUST but if your gasser can do it, it might be just another tool. I got mine mostly for use in winter. I would say it does kebabs better than the grill.

20220212_173510_resized.jpg

I have never used an indoor or outdoor broiler. My Kettle can get pretty hot and I have a Weber gas grill that gets pretty hot. It there a big advantage cooking at 1500* vs 700*? That large website has a portable unit for $170. Might be a fun toy, but not sure I need one (yet)
For me it's for the flavor,because I had an infrared unit on a gasser yrs back. Plus since I picked up my 640 pellet grill I got rid of the old gasser and charcoal grills. My pellet grill can put a nice sear on a steak. But,I often smoke multiple cuts along with different types at once. With one of these rigs I can quick sear as the different cuts are coming up to temp off the smokers.

Reactions: BigW.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky