Our chicken coop

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We needed a larger coop so I decided to build one I wouldn't have to replace because of it being to small for a little while. It tool awhile to get it finished because of other things coming up and the fact I'm getting old and can't work like I used to. Of course the coop we were using was where we wanted the new one lol. Ran electric and water to it. Here's some pics

View attachment 629924View attachment 629925View attachment 629926View attachment 629927View attachment 629928View attachment 629929View attachment 629930View attachment 629931View attachment 629932View attachment 629933View attachment 629934

VERY nice...Le Chalet Poulet!!! :emoji_wink:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
Happy chix for sure. Nice coop.

I didnt go the Taj Mahal look, the chickens dont know.

I'm not getting rich from the eggs. Give more away

Happy chix for sure. Nice coop.

I didnt go the Taj Mahal look, the chickens dont know.

I'm not getting rich from the eggs. Give more away

LOL! Neither did I...my coop is basically a rectangle with an addition on the back and my run is a PVC hoop house covered in wire and a tarp...not the prettiest thing, but it's held up without issue for over 5 years (except for the tarp...that lasts about 2-or-so years).

Great, now I have to put an addition on my house because your chicken coop is bigger and nicer than it..........

• Haha
Reactions: SherryT and gmc2003
Coop looks great Dave well thought out I like the feeders and waterer

Reactions: daveomak
That looks great.

I live in the suburbs and can have three hens where I live. I am looking at getting the small one you have in your first picture. My wife isn't too fond of getting chickens but the price of eggs is nuts here and we use a lot of them.

With the price of eggs folks in my little town are petitioning city council to allow chicken coops here in town. I found a local farm that pours OUT tons of beautiful brown free range eggs @ $2.50 a dozen. Really great eggs. I could run 50 dozen to the city and double the price lol.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Nice coops everyone
And eggs.

We will have green and blue eggers laying soon, the EASTER EGGER chix are still small. I'm looking for some black copper maran chix to add.

Some egg info.
330767183_517463540561517_2106274513440966764_n.jpg

330827982_106610372351754_9165747792352368117_n.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw
So far we have
Easter Eggers---- Most lay blue eggs but some lay a light green egg
Olive Eggers---- Most lay an olive colored egg
French Black Copper Marans---- Dark brown eggs
Cuckoo Marans---- Medium-Dark Brown some with speckles
White Leghorns---- White eggs
Buff Orpington---- Brown Eggs
Road Island Red---- Brown Eggs
Golden Comet---- Brown Eggs
Some of the brown egg layers lay more of a tan colored egg

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Our laying hens are.
Golden comet
Plymouth rock
White lace wyandot

Up behind them are the 12 weekers.

Blue Orpington
Cream legbar
Ameraucana
Booted bantam
Saphire gem

Today I got 13.
13egz.jpg

Clicked on this because we have 39 eggs in the incubator. All Bielefelder. I need to build either a brooder coop or a new coop so we can use the current one for brooding. Do I was looking for some inspiration.

That's a massive coop! I have serious coop envy.

Clicked on this because we have 39 eggs in the incubator. All Bielefelder. I need to build either a brooder coop or a new coop so we can use the current one for brooding. Do I was looking for some inspiration.

That's a massive coop! I have serious coop envy.
There are things I would change but the footprint wouldn't be one of them

Since you made and sent me those holders mine have been eating the lettuce and cabbage like crazy. Hang it and go back out a short time later and it's gone

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky