"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As one of the last few that was inducted into the OTBS, that sure makes me feel good.

Dutch, you have a great organization and your new rules are excellent.

Ok...someone has to do it. I'd like to nominate Glued2it. Joined 09-08-2007.
Has shown exceptional helpfulness in the more arcane and technical aspects of the SMF forums. Helpful is lacking in the description of the amount of effort and exhuberance that he has shown.

Several splendid Q-Views too, and has a grasp of iron on the TBS principles.

Admit to Squire, for immediate consideration is my exhortation.. anyone with me?

I must agree with RIP,I know I new&really don't have much say so here& glad I deleted all the s#*$ I typed(badges)naa I don't need.

Hear ye, hear ye! Gather around good Sirs and Ladies and honored guests.
Be it noted it has been some time since the last induction was made to the OTBS. Nominations were made on behalf and seconded for bbqpitstop and seaham358; glued2it personally petitioned your Supreme Knight for membership into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke, we the Moderators have found all three candidates worthy to don the mantel of the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke.

Please welcome in to the Circle of the Order our newest Knightess and our two newest Knights:

bbqpitstop: OTBS #127
seaham358: OTBS #128
glued2it: OTBS #129

Merry Christmas!

Dutch;133557 said:
Please welcome in to the Circle of the Order our newest Knightess and our two newest Knights:

bbqpitstop: OTBS #127
seaham358: OTBS #128
glued2it: OTBS #129

Congrats to our newest!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Man i dont even know where to start on this comment, but id like to say that i dont share these feelings to members as being lower standard people.
dutch did a good job at defining the rules but another member showd just how self centerd he is by saying the above.
anyone ask yourself this: when did they lower the standards to alow people into this group, right before me or right before you its your guess in this matter bt this person sees us as a lower standard people in his eye.
and dont say its not your words you posted it.

NOBUDY is of a lowere standerd to this group in anyway, tho i dont know you, you are self centerd for posting what you did, and its wrong on so many levels,
its not a clicky group but we up the standards, how stupid can you be,

i take no pride with this group in saying this to new people:
you as new people are substandard untill we feel fit that you are, were not a clicky high snooty group but if you betray us well have you banned for life.
the one i feel sorry for is jeff, the mods are bringing this site down and its going down like a landslide and theres no stopping it, poor jeff for not being able to keep people that can help SMF do to grudges and such.

I thought this place was great untill i was shown how curept it really is,

egos out of control and mods thinking there better then jeff and own and control the site other then jeff,, its a sad day to me sch a good site to end up like this.
go ahead and ban me as will only conferm how snooty of a group that this has grown into.
ultra you must have galls the size of texes to be above jeff and his site, im not attacking anyone but making a statment, and jeff you said you have some bad apple mods, do something before they bring your site down man, its your site take care of it befor everyone hates each other and thats the end of it, protect your site and dont let others bring it down.
as for now i dont wnat to be a OTBS member with people thinking this way, its supposed to be a friendly site to anyone and everyone.
and besides nobudy is a pro untill the day they die, anyone can learn something even on there death bed dying of old age, if you dont like it just think how you want to be and to be to otheres dang it.

ok i had my say, do what you want, Dutch you did a good job but you probly didnt want it to come out like this, its egos that get in the way and turn things around a big sulute to you my man <S> to bad you cant change the feelings of otheres.

chris h

Chrish:

I sent you a pm if you can get back to me.

Who are the corrupt mods?

I wasn't going to reply but the more I read your post Chrish the more I feel the need to say something. I can tell you that I as a SMF moderator I took personal offense to your comments and personal attack.

Who are the out of control mod you are referring too? If it is Ultramag whose post you quoted you should know that he is not a moderator but a member of the "planning committee". You know, those people who volunteer their time and energy to try and create social events for all the members to enjoy.

Despite the fact that he is not a mod, I think you totally misunderstood his comments. No one here is better then anyone else. This all has to do with a title "otbs" that Dutch awards to people here. You should know also. although its been said before that this is Dutch's program, it's administered by Dutch, the rules are made by Dutch and the decisions are his. He does ask the other mods opinion but that's it.

So how you can slap him and Jeff on the back while attacking the rest of us makes little sense to me.

As far as corruption what are you talking about? This is Jeff's forum, owned by Jeff, adminsitered by Jeff. The rules, oh yeah, set by Jeff too.

The mods take our direction from him. We volunteer our time to try and make this a better place. I take time away from my wife to make this a better place. I take time away from my kids to make this a better place. We receive no pay, there is no corruption here.

Part of our job is making decisions. Some people don't like decisions that are made which is fine. People voice there opinions which are fine. No one here has the right to insult someone else including you.

People are not banned because they speak their mind here. people are removed when they ask to be or they violate the rules Jeff established. You need to get all the facts before you start slamming people.

I agree with Chrish, somewhat,
Ron, i will PM you later after i collect my thoughts and say it nicely.

Congrtulations to bbqpitstop: OTBS #127, seaham358: OTBS #128 and glued2it: OTBS #129.

May your smoke allways be Thin and Blue!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Lost track of what this thread is really about. Congarts to the new members of the OTBS. May your smoke always be thin and blue!

All I wanna know is, how can I help organize a smoking in Montreal ? I wanna bring all this friendly loving to my back yard lol

friends, I've been involved in internet chat and forums for many years mostly in the form of my 12 step program AA , I've even been an owner operator of an internet chat channel devoted to AA. I haven't been to one of those chat channels for a few years because of the inner bickering and BS!! that I think I see starting here.

I know I'm a newbie to smoking but I have come to love this little forum site and I know the time and devotion it takes to keep it going. please accept my deepest thanks for all you efforts and I only hope and pray that those of you who do run this place or volintire your time to keep it going will keep it up and invite me to a BBQ sometime near montreal, norhtern newyork or vermont, hell give me enough advance notice I'll drive to maine for some BUTT lololol
icon_evil.gif

oh ya and one more thing, if ya don's smartenup I'm gunna put on that cute lil smoking forum gstring I bought the wife and post a picture of me standing beside my smoker wearing it and if that don't scare ya state nothing will
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

thanks again and keep smoking we need yas

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky