"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the kind words!

I am smoking my first ribs as I type! I'll let you know how they turn out! Hope yours were terrific!

I was so excited about being a knight that I had my wife make up a shirt with OTBS #32 printed on the shirt.

By the time she had it made up all the BBQ I had been eating I needed to get a larger shirt size So I still do not a shirt.

:(

congratulations doug and cheech!

cheech, sorry about the shirt! hope you get a new one soon! send a picture when you do! I think that is a great idea! this is a great site! I think i may make an apron with smokemom on it! My husband has been helping me make sauce and is getting into the smoking thing now! He may need to get a name and join this forum!!!!

Thanks everybody!

I am honored to be a part of your group. I have never met a bunch of nicer or more knowledgeable people.

I will try my best to live up to the high standards of the OTBS.

Thanks! :D

P.S. Thanks for the nomination Rodger :D

I've been so absent latley that I have alot of new members to welcome. So congratulations and welcome to all the new OTBS members. Glad to see I have some more female company on here.

I nominate Meowey to the order of the thin blue smoke. He has demonstrated smoking skills of the utmost abilities and is always available when a member or newbie has questions.

All the Knights of the Order of The Thin Blue Smoke say your Yea's and Nay's :D

Rodger..
I whole heartedly agree with your nomination of Meowey to the Order of The Thin Blue Smoke...an I second your nomination...

Richard

I 3rd or 4th Meowey .. he goes above and beyound the call of duty ... He's been helpful to many on here.

Joe

To the gentlemen who have placed me in consideration for this honor, I thank you. I am humbled to be considered for this distiction. All that I have learned from those who assemble here is cause for much appreciation on my part. I have tried to share what I have learned with others.

Thank you!

Meowey :)

Wow, with that kind of recommendation and support
how can I refuse his nomination. Being the Grand Knight of the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke, I do hereby bestow all rights and privledges of the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke upon Brother Meowey. Welcome into the Order, Brother Meowey; you are OTBS #038.

Welcome to the OTBS, Brother Meowey! You have earned your place here by your fine example and dedication to the art of smoking meat but more so by your helpful encouragement of others.

Welcome!

Cheers!

Folks,

I'm honored to be included in such august company. I only hope that I am able to live up to the confidence that you have placed in me.

Thank you,

Meowey

Congats and welcome to the order new members. Must be some good BBQ in the backyards across this country...I wish I had some spare time, so I could sit out and add to that thin blue haze in the sky.

Good work to all who have been enlisted to the order.

Welcome Meowey, You made it to the OTBS. Now that you made it .. do we continue calling you Meowey? You have helped many and deserve it.

Joe

JoeD617,

Why would you not call me meowey. I think Sir Meowey sounds funny.

Actually Meowey was a cat that we had for about 10 years. He was named by my younger son when that son was about 4 years old. The day we got him (the cat, not the son), he wandered all around the house meowing and looking for his littermates. My son said "He sure is a meowey cat." So that's when his name became "Meowey the Cat. He was a great cat! We've had many different cats for over 30 years, and he was IMHO one of the nicest cats I've ever met. We eventually lost him to feline diabetes. He tolerated the insulin shots for a couple years before it became too much. I have used "meowey" or some variation thereof for most all forums and bulletin boards that I belong to since that time.

Well, that was certainly more info than you needed or even wanted.

So what do you want to call me?

Regards,

Meowey

meowrh7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky