"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be a page or a squire until it is felt that I am worthy of being dubbed a knight??? I'll gladly haul, split and chunk your wood as you need and keep and eye on the temp for the all nighter smokes while all of the knights gather round the table with a tankard of ale. I'll happily take care of the mopping as ye see fit, I'll keep the jester full of the ale to make sure he's keeping court the way a jester need be, and I'll certainly sacrifice myself by tasting the food to make sure it not be tainted or poisoned and that it shall never be consumed by a knight before it's time. Be it beast or fowl, I shall not waiver!

Shellbellc, Michelle, after having reviewed your contributions to the forum and in light of your most wonderful plea for recognition by the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke, I find it most compelling to nominate you for full membership in the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke.
Grand Knight and all members please act on this nomination!
Sir Monty

Well Monty, I was kind of looking forward to having someone bring me a beer and split a little wood for me :roll: , but if you insist I second your nomination.

Here! Here! I agree wholeheartedly with Brothers Monty and Cajun. I third this nomination. Now, about that tankard of ale...

Cheers,
Brian

Can't we get just 1 tankard of ale first????? . . . . . No? . . . . You sure? . . . . . Okay, I still agree with the nomination of Shellbellc to the order.

now I gotta go fetch my own tankard of ale, be right back...

Gee, here I am reading Michelle's post and wondering "why does she want to be a squirrel?" then it dawns on me to put my glasses on IN FRONT of my eyes and NOT on top of my head and I see she wants to a Squire (I guess it would make since seeing as we have this Knight thing going on.) Sorry guys, I guess you'll have to fetch your own tankards and lift them in salute to Lady Shellbellc (Aka Michelle) OTBS #033. Welcome Michelle to the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke!

Sorry for the delay in acting on this Good Sirs and Ladies. My most humble apologies. I received a promotion at work and kinda have been busy the last couple of days.

Congratulations and welcome to the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke, Lady Michelle! Considering your enthusiasm for smoking and your most sincere plea for recognition by the OTBS I felt it my most compelling honour as well as a priviledge to nominate one so willing to assist as she learns! Take your place beside us as an equal, Lady Michelle! And remember! We are all here for each other.
As always,
Cheers!
Monty

Fellow smokers,
Has anyone thought of calling a meeting of the OTBS? I realize that we are few and far between, but maybe with a little time and coordination I could have the chance to give y'all a hard time in person. Its just an idea, and something to think about.

Heya, Noah!

That very same notion has been knocked around in a thread in the "Events" section under "I'm not sure where to put this".

It is a heck of an idea and I am sure that some day it will be a reality. Not sure of when it would be possible.

I had an idea of forming up local teams for competitions. They would be like OTBS 1, OTBS 2. etc. Then have aprons made for the team that have the website and a as yet to be designed logo (Got some ideas there, too!) on them. That would stir up some interest, get a larger membership into the website and probably lead to some gatherings as we get people on board who live closer than a day's drive. This is just a rough idea which needs some refinement. Your thoughts?

Cheers!
Monty

Well Monty...
Your idea is great! I like the idea of meeting new people, and competing with fellow members. Also, it would be nice to have regular gatherings with those who live close by. I guess, I was thinking on a bigger scale. My idea was to pick a central location, and work a plan to get as many regulars as possible to attend. Since some of us are on a tight budget, I was thinking a little bit in the future. The meeting place would be a camp ground, or if someone had a place large enough to hold us for a weekend, then maybe we could stay there. It sure would be nice to have a weekend with a bunch of fellow addicts hanging around. A kinda annual pilgrimage type of thing. But like I said, its just an idea...

It is a hell of an idea Noah and let's just keep it alive and see what comes out of it!
Cheers!
Monty

I can only speak for myself, but with enough notice, I know I can work it out, and I don't mind traveling. Besides I love meeting new people and many here already feel like "extended family" to me any way. Let's roll with it and see what happens... How 'bout it guy and gals...?

Cheers,
Brian

Fellow Knights!! First I would like to thank you all for my nomination as Knight! I am certainly honored...secondly, I would like to say that if this get together comes to fruition, I will certainly pass a tankard to ye fellow knights!! So let's all raise your spatulas, thongs, and mops have a cheer, and organize one of these get togethers!!

Errrr, uuuuuhhh, hmnnnnn........ Uh, Michelle, I think you mean TONGS, :oops:

Cheers!
Monty :D

Edited to amend: If that be your true wish, Lady Michelle, then so be it with our hearty approval! :D

Monty, If I had a choice to look at tongs or thongs .. hmm I'm betting thongs would win out some of the time ..

Joe

1st Congrats on the promotion Earl.
2nd if Michelle wants to raise her thong in our honor, then by all that is holy...... LET HER!

Welcome to the order michelle, it would be my honor to raise my tongs to you, and bring you a tankard of ale, if ever we meet.

Ok, my brothers! I get the message! And I agree with both of you! Party hearty! You know I'm gonna!
Cheers!
Monty

Be it known to all of the brothers and sisters of the SMF and especially to those of the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke that I hereby nominate Smokemom for induction into the order. While a novice at her task she has absolutely convinced me of her worth to the order by single handedly and without word but by demonstration convinced her significant other of the true path of smoke. All members please take heed and comment accordingly!

All I would ask in addition to your excellent presence is the favour of learning your first name!
Most humbly submitted,
Monty

Monty I have to agree with you. Without the help and support of her husband she persevered and pulled off making her own smoker, She had also smoked a few meals and the folks including her husband was impressed. I second the nomination!

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky