OTBS?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
grouchomarx1-2x.jpg

You Bet Your Life, Dave. They were very funny in their movies. Groucho was so funny and witty on his own.
Even late in life, the few talk shows he did, he was still witty.
Thanks for the like, they are appreciated.

Reactions: daveomak
That's what it's all about, helping others! We were all newbies here once! And after being here for awhile it's a great feeling to help others just starting out. While being a member of otbs would be a great honor...its only a few letters. I figure if I can help someone learn half as much as I have learned here I'm happy with that!
Sadly I feel some are making a joke of it and mocking it. Sad really, but most members are here to truly help others and thankful for them!
Have to say tho...go team gravy!

Ryan

Who’s mocking? Who’s not thankful for members here? Who doesn’t help members here?

Who’s mocking? Who’s not thankful for members here? Who doesn’t help members here?

Members are expected to help others... Members are expected to share ALL their recipes...,. No such thing as a "Family Secret" recipe.....
That being said, there are members that make a living from their recipes that no one expects them to share.....
It's the member that consistently goes above and beyond the norm..... It's the member that does not expect to be a OTBS member, that receives the tag...
OTBS is a gift from ones peers...
The OTBS label does not come from sleepless nights hoping and praying to receive that label..... It comes from a selfless attitude reflecting ones dedication to the forum and others....
Last but not least, it's not a "participation trophy" for being average...

AMEN! And well put Dave. You get OTBS because you were Nominated by your Peers or Staff for doing a great job of posting your cooks, with Details that teach.
There are quite a few members that post a Pic or 3 of food Smoked with no further detail. At a minimum, a post needs to include...
Smoker Temp,
Weight of the Meat,
Final IT,
Time it took to Cook,
Wood used for Smoke,
How it came out and
Any Changes you would make.
This way any Newbie or Lurker can gain , at least, some idea of what to expect when they Smoke a similar hunk of meat...JJ

You Bet Your Life, Dave. They were very funny in their movies. Groucho was so funny and witty on his own.
Even late in life, the few talk shows he did, he was still witty.
Thanks for the like, they are appreciated.
My dad was on Groucho's You Bet Your Life show. . .Pretty cool!

John

My dad was on Groucho's You Bet Your Life show. . .Pretty cool!

John
WOW! That is really cool. I love watching that in reruns when available. He had celebrities on occasionally too. I was born right after it went off the air with original programming. His announcer George Fenneman did an episode of Happy Days in the mid 70's. I was the only one in my peer group that knew who he was, LOL.

I enjoy all of the fun banter that you guys have had on this one back and forth. Its nice to see people be able to joke around like this.

That being said I feel it needs to be said that OTBS is something that has changed and evolved but in the end a peer recommends you. Then the mod staff reviews each one and sends it to Pineywoods and Dutch to bless.

Please know that just because you help alot doesn't mean your in. Just because you have been around for a long time does not mean your in. Its multiple things. If you have been here for 5 years. Help out here and there but have posted only 3 of your cooks and of those you didn't detail much then your probably not going to get in.

But if you have been here 4 months. Help out alot. Post detailed threads and go above and beyond. Are not a smart ass to people then you will probably get in if your nominated.

I know we have a long list of those that are being looked at so if you have other suggestions let us know.

I enjoy all of the fun banter that you guys have had on this one back and forth. Its nice to see people be able to joke around like this.

That being said I feel it needs to be said that OTBS is something that has changed and evolved but in the end a peer recommends you. Then the mod staff reviews each one and sends it to Pineywoods and Dutch to bless.

Please know that just because you help alot doesn't mean your in. Just because you have been around for a long time does not mean your in. Its multiple things. If you have been here for 5 years. Help out here and there but have posted only 3 of your cooks and of those you didn't detail much then your probably not going to get in.

But if you have been here 4 months. Help out alot. Post detailed threads and go above and beyond. Are not a smart ass to people then you will probably get in if your nominated.

I know we have a long list of those that are being looked at so if you have other suggestions let us know.

Nope not getting in at 4 months LOL

Can you define smart ass? :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

Poster unknown

Are not a smart ass to people then you will probably get in if your nominated.

Waitaminnit!!!! So the money I been pay paling to the Ethiopian prince wont help me into the Order.......!!!???!!!
Jim

According to the first quoted post, Jim won’t be getting into OTBS. That’s a shame. Thought Jim was much deserving.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky