Ostrich Steaks on the Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks fantastic Jason, thanks for sharing.

My uncle's best friend, Bob Johnson, raised ostriches and had quite a heard. He had a processor in Wichita that marketed the meat and Bob would take a load of hides to Mexico twice a year. It got very dangerous dealing the hides. The eggs sold for big bucks also. I never got to try the meat, darn it!

Interesting and looks tasty. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you!
Man...like others here, I'd have never guessed they would look like top shelf beef, but they sure as heck look good!! Never had it before, or even seen it before, but I'd tear it up should somebody put a plate of that in front of met. Now ya got me thinking...and that can be a dangerous thing.

Robert
Thank you, it will be a treat in future as it is pretty $$$

Never heard of that but dang I’m in. I wanna try some now.
Thank you!
Nice job on that. I've had ostrich and emu. Love them both
Thank you Jake, I have never had emu, going have to look into that!

Jason, that looks amazing!
I order from WFF all the time, and ostrich will be on the next order!
Fantastic looking meal!
Al
Al it was great, a bit on the expensive side. It will be a treat a few times a year for us.
Thanks!
Looks fantastic! I would never have guessed it would look like that.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!
Great thread Jason . Looks perfectly cooked . Never had it , but knew it was a red meat .
Thanks! Neither did I!
That looks Awesome, Jason!!
Nice Job---Like.
I had Ostrich one time, back around the year 2000.
I built the 24' Bar for the "Spinnerstown Hotel", and helped install it.
I also built 2 of their kitchens and some Waitress Stations.
So one day they made me an Ostrich Steak Dinner (on the House) while I was there.
It was Outstanding, but way over my price range.

Bear
Thanks John, sounds like a cool experience. It is expensive and I probably would not have pulled the trigger on it, but since we had a gift card I decided to give it a whirl!
- Jason
Did it taste like chicken?
No, much closer to beef then chicken!
- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky