Oregon Smoke Out?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin - k

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Portland, OR
I know there are only 3 of us signed up but at some point I would like to visit the idea of getting a Oregon / SW Washington smoke out planned.. I live in Portland and wish I had the land for such an event but think we could reserve a covered area in one of the parks here locally. Let me know if any of you have any ideas... If you see someone in looking at posts in the forum that happen to be from Oregon make sure you give them an invite.. Hope all is well and Happy Smoking, Smokin - K

4298fba2_Stanleycup.jpg

Make that 5. I didnt even know there was an Oregon Group. I live outside Portland near Damascus. Definately not to far to Portland or one of the local Parks.

Smokin-K,

this was a great idea, i know there are quite a few people located in Oregon and SW Washington due to many posts read over time, where is everone? on the rivers hammering the steelhead up my way is one thought....

Happy Holidays to All.

Tom
welcome1.gif

Glad you guys could join in on the fun! I just landed a nice steelhead a couple weeks back... Waiting for the time to smoke half of it up and eat the other half for dinner... Resting peacefully in my freezer. Spread the word to any you see on the forum pages that we are ready to smoke it up! Also thinking it would be fun to have a sausage party (girls are invited as long as they can handle the sausage and weiner references) LOL! Get a bunch of stuffers and grinders together and crank out a couple styles of sausage... Just a thought... Happy Smoking, Smokin - K

Make that 6!!!   WOOHOO!!  I love that you started a group!!  I do have the place that we could all get together for a smoke out!  It's kinda out in the country, but plenty of room, we live out in beautiful Molalla, which is about 25-30 min sout of Portland!!  I'm always up for getting together and doing some smokin!!

That sounds awesome Girl-Friend! Whats even better is when I tell my wife where I'm headed for the day, I can say I'm heading to Mollala to hang out with "the girl friend". She's not very jealous of a  person but it might get her to snap her head... LOL! As this group builds it will be good to start talking about who can bring what and the different kind of smoke projects we can all divide up and contribute... I can already smell the field of smoke! Happy Smoking, Smokin - K

FYI If any of you guys or gals are looking to get a AMNS CHEAP I just put a 6x8 with over 12 lbs of dust for 30 bucks in the Buy/sell/trade section.I am in Lake Oswego. Looking forward to our first meet up!

Tom just stopped by and picked up the smoker and we had a nice chat. Gave me some of his smoked cheese which is really good!
thumb1%20copy.gif

One nice place for an OR/WA gathering is Cook Park in Tigard, OR. They have a horse shoe shapped area with covered tables that would be a nice gathering area.... but it is a day use only area. Idealy it would be nice to have a place where folks could pitch a tent.

Knowing this is an old thread, perhaps we can give it some new life. I live in Hillsboro. It would be nice to get together with fellow smokers and smoke out a park. I have an el-cheapo wallymart smoker I'm working on. I'm ordering some sheet metal to line the inside with, sealing the doors, bigger coal basket, and a thermo that is accurate. It would be cool if we could get a group together after the rainy season. I'd be game for sure.

Knowing this is an old thread, perhaps we can give it some new life. I live in Hillsboro. It would be nice to get together with fellow smokers and smoke out a park. I have an el-cheapo wallymart smoker I'm working on. I'm ordering some sheet metal to line the inside with, sealing the doors, bigger coal basket, and a thermo that is accurate. It would be cool if we could get a group together after the rainy season. I'd be game for sure.
Hi Silverlion,

I live in Corvallis and just joined SMF. I am new to smoking, but have a big interest in charcuterie in general. I'd love to get involved in a local group with similar interests. I've taken sausage-making and charcuterie classes from Portland Meat Collective and Portland's Culinary Workshop. I've just purchased a ST1400 and an A-maze-n sawdust smoker, so I should be geared up to start smoking within a couple of weeks.

As we start to dry out a little it would be awesome to get a date set... I can already tell we all will have much to share / discuss! Love the pic Gunner! Happy Smoking, Smokin - K

Hi All,

I am out in Forest Grove.  I have been smoking for years and love it.  We raise buffalo and smoke all meats. I love smoking on pellet grills.  I own a commercial Traeger trailer and two mak grills.

I forgot to say that we have a farm and ranch in Forest Grove and would love to possibly have it out here.

That sounds awesome, buffalotom! I'm hoping to have my cheapo smoker lined and insulated by then. It's been a challenge to take a poor quality file cabinet with vents and make it into a good little smoker. Can't wait for a get together.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky