Ordered me a Lang 36 !!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

icemanrrc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
Carrollton, GA
I ordered me a Lang 36 yesterday!!! I ordered the 1/4 inch rolled steel over the black stainless model. One thing I need to figure out is how to keep it out of the weather. To my knowledge they don't make a cover that will fit it or a universal cover that will work. What does everyone else do?  

If I had a Lang I'd keep it in my living room!   
icon_mrgreen.gif

First thing you do is grab a hammer and some 2 x 4s

Many of us try to stay on top of the rust by also curing the outside of the smoker.  Once it gets good and hot treat any rust spots by knocking them down with a wire brush, coat with cooking grease and let burn in.   You could try and put another coat of paint on it but from what I hear new paint tends to peal or bubble off.  Keep on an eye on the Forum.  There are several of us that now own the 36 and we keep a pretty steady communication going about these kinds of problems

Keep in touch,  I am pretty sure you'll be happy with it

Al

If I had a Lang I'd keep it in my living room!   
icon_mrgreen.gif
What, your bedroom's too good for a Lang? Mine's gonna go right next to the bed, so I can feed her a stick without getting up from time to time on those overnight smokes. :)

Seriously, congratulations on the new toy, er I mean vitally important tool. I'm doing my best not to be envious. But it isn't working.

As for how to keep it out of the weather, I'd go to a marine upholstery and canvas shop and ask them to make me a cover out of Sunbrella or an off brand weather resistant acrylic. It would look nice and protect your smoker. Probably cost you a couple hundred bucks, but if it'll keep your smoker healthy it'd be worth it.  Curing it with oil sounds like a good idea too. Make sure to post pics of it once you get it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky