Opening a one year old Romano cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
This is the first wheel that has made it untouched to one year. It was worth the wait - nutty, pungent and sharp, it's going to be great grated on pasta.

1693919801639.png

Again awesome!! Your cheese work and posts always amaze me.
Thanks!

What amazes me is the patience to wait a year! Looks mighty good.
The secret is to make a bunch of stuff that *doesn't* take a year to keep you occupied. There are some greats cheeses that are ready in just a few weeks of aging.

When I retire, I will take up cheesemaking. Just don't have the time now. Looks awesome!!! :emoji_yum:
Thank you! Yeah, you have to essentially devote an entire weekend day to it. It's not all active time - usually you're stirring for 45-90 mins - but you can't really leave the house while it's going on until you get into the pressing phase.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky