Only eight more

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yard dog

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 17, 2008
All we need are nine more stickys and the General Discussion area of the forum will be full. There is only one page, not sure why multiple pages aren't available ( hint, hint ) I really like this site, but lets get real here. How can a person view or reply to a post thats older than one day if the one page that exists only allows 22 topics, and as of now 13 are stickys
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Looks like I miss counted, only nine more stickys before the page is full. Sorry I didn't re check before I posted, though one more either way isn't much of a difference.

I know you ask me about this the other night and I haven't found out much other than this is the way it works. I did however give you another option on how to view the most current threads.

I know you have been troubled by this for awhile, but if ya just change your settings at the bottom of the page "today" to last 2 months, or 45 days, you will see alot of stuff. Thats how this V bulletin site works.
wink.gif

Display OptionsCurrently Active UsersShowing threads 1 to 9 of 93 (1 members & 2 guests)Sorted By Thread Title Last Post Time Thread Start Time Number of Replies Number of Views Thread Starter Thread RatingSort Order Ascending DescendingFrom The Last Day Last 2 Days Last Week Last 10 Days Last 2 Weeks Last Month Last 45 Days Last 2 Months Last 75 Days Last 100 Days Last Year BeginningCapt Dan*

change the" last day" to 2 months or longer. You have to go to the actual forum to do this, and not the"newest postings".

That didn't copy and paste too good now did it. Can ya see what I mean there Dog?

Well now, thats an idea for a sticky.

So if a new person finds this site they will have to first register, then change settings before they can view anything more than stickys on the only page they will be able to see?

Again, I really like this site and the folks here, but this is an easy fix IMHO.

Not only do we need a seperate forum heading for the OTBS, but for stickeys too. I had asked long ago about creating a reference forum, but it was not looked upon favorably, for a couple reasons, 1 of which I related to. But maybe it's time to organize this thing?

Sorry if I ruffled some fur, just expressing an opinion. This is a great site, I just wish this were fixed. Thats the only negative thing I could say about the site as a whole. This is a great place to meet folks and gain knowledge and I appreciate Jeff and all the mods who make it possible.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I'm not new to forums bbq bubba, I'm an admin and owner of another site so I kinda know what I'm talking about.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky