One skillet egg sandwee

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Been doing this for years camping. Recently dawned don me that we could do it at home too.
When camping we do multiple at a time on a griddle ( now Blackstone).
Per sandwich you’ll need two eggs, two pieces of bread, grated or sliced cheese, whatever else you like on your breakfast sandwiches. This particular one I didn’t have any cooked protein so I just put some salsa on it.

Pre-heat your favorite eggs pan. While the skillet heats up crack your eggs into,a bowl and mix them up. Get your fillings ready. Once the pan is heated add butter, oil, bacon grease or fat of choice. Pour in eggs and immediately put bread into pan on eggs. Cook until eggs are almost set. Now the tricky part, flip the eggs and bread. If you rip the eggs don’t worry, it will all eat the same. Once flipped add cheese and whatever else you’re going to have on top. Fold eggs over and close up sand which. Flip sandwich as needed to toast bread.

54B8B26D-38D9-4444-BD54-F0847C8E9DA6.jpeg

E3923401-57B3-4DE6-8572-910B7F2E91D6.jpeg

994192A6-4FA0-406E-8756-4EB988876B58.jpeg

DA5F8FB5-847F-4599-A8F6-0D4583F62D9B.jpeg

3DD05125-D250-4A24-93FE-767E51A5B8A0.jpeg

729A5055-5772-4A86-8F7A-A3750F980EBD.jpeg

This is a very cool idea. I raise Chickens and eat eggs almost every day. Always looking for new creations. Thanks...JJ

Looks like a great breakfast! Or any meal of the day really. I bet I could make some ugly sandwiches, but still tasty. Either that or my dogs would really like em if I couldn't keep them in the pan.

Ryan

Great idea Case, but how the heck do ya flip it without making a mess

That's the trick! Really need to make sure that the eggs are pretty well set. I run lower heat when cooking eggs. On my stove out of ten I run the burner on 3. This allows the eggs to cook slowly and allows you to let them set a bit longer on the first side. I also let the pan pre-heat a good ten minutes before adding fat and food.
My go to turner when cooking in the house is a 2" wide bamboo one. I get it under where the two pieces of bread meet and pick the whole mess up. With my other hand I'll usually grab a flap of egg to help it over. When camping and cooking on the Blackstone I use a larger metal chefs turner style spatula.

Reactions: DanMcG
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky