One For SmokinAl: 4 Cheese Garlic Alfredo W/Homemade Pancetta (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
(Not sure exactly where this one should go so popping it in here and will let the mods work their magic as they see fit)

Well Al, this one is for you sir. You endured the torture of my Pancetta project for 6 months and in the interim made your Lonzino. When you posted it, there were a number of recommendations from folks on different ways to enjoy it. Here is another one.

Last week we had a polar vortex blow through and the temperature dropped to a bone-chilling 84 degrees. With frigid Arctic temps like that I decided a warm, comforting, and filling dinner was in order so I made my 4-cheese garlic Alfredo with homemade Pancetta and fresh baby spinach.

Started with a good dose of fresh minced garlic in EVOO. Typically I use 40 to 50 whole cloves of garlic cooked very low for a long time to caramelize. Didn't have the cloves or time this go-round though so had to drop back 10 and punt.
009.jpg

Saute until a light golden brown
010.jpg

Add the Pancetta and let render a bit
011.jpg

Build the sauce and add some oregano, basil, and cayenne
012.jpg

Let it cook down a bit
013.jpg

Add the spinach. Pan is kinda messy but it's the contents that counts :-)
015.jpg

Served over spinach and Parmesan tortellini with some garlic bread
016.jpg

This hit the mark. It was warm, creamy, rich, and filling. The Alfredo sauce is really easy to make...at least the way I do it is. All that's in it is heavy cream and however much of whatever cheese you want to use...and the spices of course. It may not be considered "traditional" but it works for us. For this one I used Parmesan, Romano, Mozzarella, and Provolone. The first two added great flavor and the last two added a smooth, creamy texture. Time to put on the fur parka and head out to the patio to enjoy our dinner.

Disclaimer: If you're lactose intolerant, I'd recommend staying away from this one :emoji_wink:

Working off the calories,
Robert

Last edited:
WOW Robert!
You really hit it out of the park with that dish!
My pancetta is a long way from being done, but I will definitely bookmark this & give it a try!
It looks delicious!!
Al

That looks fantastic . My kind of meal .
The Alfredo sauce is really easy to make...
I agree and had no idea it was so easy until I tried it . I do it the same as you .
Nice job , thanks for posting .

"WOW Robert!
You really hit it out of the park with that dish!
My pancetta is a long way from being done, but I will definitely bookmark this & give it a try!
It looks delicious!!"

Appreciate the kind words Al but the whole point was that you could do this same dish with your Lonzino....or any other Italian meat for that matter :-)

Robert

Just reading the thread title made me hungry. Nice dish for sure.

Yeah that looks killer! As a type 2 diabetic I would have to mod that recipe a bit, either sub out the pasta with riced cauliflower or use dreamfields brand low carb pasta. But either way I am sure I would love it. Are you sure you don't come from Brooklyn, NY with that Italian cooking?

"That looks fantastic . My kind of meal."

We love this stuff but it is usually done as a cold weather dish. I just had a taste for it that evening and since we weren't in triple digit temps I thought I'd make it.

"I agree and had no idea it was so easy until I tried it . I do it the same as you .
Nice job , thanks for posting."

More than welcome and very much appreciate the accolades. I made this the first time about 20 years ago on a whim one day using only the ingredients listed above and with absolutely no idea what I was doing. Well...it has turned into one of our staples it came out so well.

Robert

"Just reading the thread title made me hungry. Nice dish for sure."

I hadn't thought about the title but I see your point. Typically I just try to highlight the meal I'm posting about but this one does conjure up some lurid thoughts of decadent food. Now I'm getting hungry....

Off to the fridge,
Robert

"That looks and sounds phenomenal Robert!
also, glad y'all survived the polar vortex! Looked touch and go for a bit :emoji_laughing:"

Thanks Zach!! It was bitter cold but we managed to survive.

You aren't going to believe this but I just tore the Santa Maria grill apart again. Modifying the log lighters once more, hopefully for the last time. I've torn this thing apart and put it back together about 8 times now and have about had enough of it :-)

Back to the hardware store,
Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
"Yeah that looks killer! As a type 2 diabetic I would have to mod that recipe a bit, either sub out the pasta with riced cauliflower."

Now you have me thinking....shudder the thought. I bet this would be amazing served over grilled cauliflower steaks. We love doing grilled veggies and I may very well give this a try...

"But either way I am sure I would love it. Are you sure you don't come from Brooklyn, NY with that Italian cooking?"

I've never even been to Brooklyn, let alone being born there :-) I was born and raised in the Blue Ridge Mountain area of Virginia. For some reason though I've always had a knack for putting together tasty spice creations with Italian food, and have no idea where it came from. Of all the types of stuff I cook, I'd say that Italian is probably my strongest suit.

Country boy through and through,
Robert

Reactions: clifish
"Hit another one out of the park. Looks great! Nice cook Robert"

Thanks John!! This one has garnered far more attention that I ever thought it would.

Pleasantly surprised,
Robert

Yummmm Is what I say, Great looking meal LIKE!! Congrats on the carousel ride."

Thank you!! Never in my wildest imagination did I think this would be on the carousel. It was so quick and easy to make but primarily I wanted to share it with Al as a thought for using his Lonzino. I will admit however, the way the pic is posted on the carousel, it does look appealing :-)

Awed and humbled once again,
Robert

Just what I need another creamy cheesy pasta dish.That has to taste even better then it looks. Points
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky