OMG Its cold!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bundling up like it's the Arctic for taking out the dogs today. They are definitely getting fewer trips outside. 3F today with a windchill of -19F. Going to be a cold week. View attachment 685769
I let one of the dogs out this morning in a tshirt and boxers. Dam lead was froze to the concrete then froze closed. By the time I had him hooked up, I was ready to be inside.....with pants on....!

The Colorado cold front is no joke! Woke up to -7. Good thing there is football on! WOO HOO

Had a moose burger last night. So good. My good friend got a moose earlier this year and shared a steaks, burger and sausage. Hands down my favorite game meat

Last edited:
Oh man it so good! I have made stuffed peppers, burgers, tacos, the guy who hooked me up made a meatloaf. You just cant go wrong. Lemme know what you make with your Moose!

I'd say make gifts out of it! Dave and I will send you our addresses! Wait... you were coming to visit me anyway! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Hold the phone…I still think the gift idea is fabulous!
HA HA guys
Well I was going to make Moose Balls , but if you have ever seen a Moose. The 2 pounds would just be 1 ball if I want to be accurate . :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink:

Will let everyone know what will happen with the moose meat.
which ever way I go , it will be good

David

Was 1F when I got up today. After two days of this the radiant heat is struggling to keep the living room and dining room above 68F. Each of those rooms have a gigantic single pane bay window. The rest of the house windows are updated. I'm going to have to price those out for replacement. Gotta love the match in the weather app. Look at the actual temp then the high and low for the day lol.
Screenshot_20240115-101818~2.png

• Wow
Reactions: 912smoker
Was 1F when I got up today. After two days of this the radiant heat is struggling to keep the living room and dining room above 68F. Each of those rooms have a gigantic single pane bay window. The rest of the house windows are updated. I'm going to have to price those out for replacement. Gotta love the match in the weather app. Look at the actual temp then the high and low for the day lol. View attachment 685926
Down here everyone has heat pumps. They weren’t designed for this kind of cold. Currently 66 inside our house

Down here everyone has heat pumps. They weren’t designed for this kind of cold. Currently 66 inside our house
Do you not have electric heat strips back up? Our heat pump we used to have had a 20 KW backup... worked well!

Ryan

Reactions: chopsaw
- 13 here this morning, - 35 wind chill... it's brisk to say the least.

Ryan
Bout the same here…. -8 and snowing and the temp is dropping. One more day of this s**t then the big thaw.

roads are a joke. Mtn passes closed, avalanche one covered a dozen cars, I70 closed all over. Our main road to Denver has semis jackknifed, a bus crash, carnage all over.

Still staying home till Wednesday seems like a good plan. Before this started I hit Costco, Kroger, Total Wine and bev and Trader Joe’s. Stocked up for a month.

Yep costs about a billion dollars to switch over to emergency heat lol we will suffer at 66
My ductless AC units in the kitchen and dining room can heat. Sometimes I'll kick them on to help knock the chill off. Also could kick on the gas fireplace but I figured I'm already giving the gas and electric company enough! I figured at 68 though I'll just wear a sweatshirt and sweats gtg.

My ductless AC units in the kitchen and dining room can heat. Sometimes I'll kick them on to help knock the chill off. Also could kick on the gas fireplace but I figured I'm already giving the gas and electric company enough! I figured at 68 though I'll just wear a sweatshirt and sweats gtg.
68 is toasty! Im still hovering around 60-62. If we can get to 64 it might be a miracle. Electric baseboard heaters are struggling. Got the gas fireplace rolling.

One ray of light - the backup generator started And did its weekly test and battery charge. Stoked on that. Did some maintenance on it last summer, pretty sure no one touched it for years. Fresh filters, plug, and oil goes a long ways sometimes.

Heat wave here looking at some of your alls temps we are over 3” at the moment

Attachments

• IMG_8941.png
    IMG_8941.png
    176 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8940.png
    IMG_8940.png
    402.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8939.png
    IMG_8939.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky