Old Penrose Sausage Clone????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Opened a pint yesterday half a jar later I put the lid back on, they turned out pretty dang good. Agree on a little more heat. Thank you for the recipe, very close to the Penrose as I remember them.

I just opened a jar myself. Yum!!! To keep the fumes down, I put the water and vinegar on the stove to boil and put everything else in the jar. Left the jar on the counter to cool and seal and put in the fridge. Worked for me.

Made another batch. This time I used Johnsonville polish kielbasa. I kept the recipe the same except I added a quarter cup of hot sauce to give it a bit more heat that it was lacking.

20190215_164325.jpg

Today I tried some. And WOW! This is. As I recall. Dead on with these. I ate almost a half a jar. Which I will regret later I'm sure!

I totally enjoy the flavor. The sausages are still not like the original ones. Acceptable.

Maybe not. Hard to remember. But these are very good all the same with adding the hot sauce to them.

Sorry, I know this an older post. These things are good. Going camping next month, I will be making more to take with us. Thanks for the great recipe.

Ed

That got me wanting to have some. And since I have a jar in the fridge......

P5262247.JPG

Those look good! I still have 2 quarts of utopenci to finish then I'll make some more pickled...

You guys ever try Glazier pickled sausage?

pretty good stuff

Those look good! I still have 2 quarts of utopenci to finish then I'll make some more pickled...

You guys ever try Glazier pickled sausage?

pretty good stuff

Glaziers are the best pickled sausages I've had...I used to live near a Glaziers plant in Potsdam, NY. Their snappy grilles and red hot dogs were great as well.

Glaziers are the best pickled sausages I've had...I used to live near a Glaziers plant in Potsdam, NY. Their snappy grilles and red hot dogs were great as well.

Yup. Glazier and Hoffman make some outstanding sausages.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky