Old Admiral fridge build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
actually i still use the aquarium pump that i had used on my smoke generator it has a valve to adjust the air flow, i just run it inside the box to force air in...but i only have to use the pump when im cooking with the heat on, when cold smoking i dont need it and it works great without it, i get about 11 hours smoke with a full tray of pellets.
thumb1.gif

I have this Fridge do you have the interior parts you took out? freezer door, wire shelves etc.

for the inside of your exhaust pipe what kind of silicone did you use? high heat , food grade?

Just use high temp red silicone it will get really hard after its heated awhile.. stuff works excellent i use it on other projects where there's high heat..

I found a similar project as yours here and it's gone viral on the internet. Only difference i figured out was the handle and Admiral on the door.

I have found this old early 50's Admiral frige along with a kelvinator too that a buddy is building..both for free btw..lol i have been using a offset wood smoker for years now and i started reading this forum but wasnt a member and i seen everyones cool fridges and freezer cookers and when i stumbled on to this free deal this was my (and my buddys) chance to build one of our own...i have this one torn down now and fixin to tear the (blue) plastic facing off and sheet metal it back,the door is metal so i dont hav to skin it , i tested it using the heat plate yesterday and i think im going to use the electric-smoke generator method like some guys have used..ive got a 220v oven that ill be using thermostat and parts from along the way..this is gonna be a part time project plus ill be helping my buddy with his too, he's not much of a internet guy so i may sneek pics of his as we build it too..ill still be lurking around and getting tips from you guys too...later ..Steve

Could you please tell me how to remove top front section of the fridge to access the themostat? Thanks

No finished pics of the meat?

You know what they say........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky