Oklahoma Joe's Help with Gas Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrthor2

Original poster
May 25, 2019
I have the 3-in-1 combo smoker/gas grill. My wife wet the gas burners to high, forgot about it, and i came out and the gas side was flaming with flames. I got it turned off, but when I just went to use it the other day, the burners lit, but just got the blue flame, there was not "fire" going. When I turned the burners on to start the grill, they made like a "hissing" sound, and they do that every time I turn them on now. Is this something that can be fixed by replacing something? The side burner does the same thing, it gets the blue flame, but no real fire. No matter if I keep it on high, the grill does not get very hot at all.

Any suggestions on what I would need to do to fix this?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Jason

I'd raise the lid and turn on the gas. Wipe down gas hose from fitting to fitting with water and dish soap and look for bubbles. I'd specifically check where it connects to burners. This is to look for a leak. Since you mentioned hearing a hiss ever since the incident. If no leak take a wire brush to the holes in the burners. Whatever is wrong the good news are gas grills are easy and cheap to swap out hoses or burners. Since the main chamber and the side burner are both having issues my guess is a leak in hose. You can also check the connection from tank to hose and verify you have it twisted on straight and not cross threaded. Obviously that won't be the issue though if you left it connected after the last cook

I just got it refilled before this, I can’t imagine it burned a whole tank worth of gas. I don’t have a gas gauge, any way to tell other than just lifting it?

If I just get a new hose, that has the regulator on it, like this, right?

Regulator reset worked, getting full flame now. Thanks everyone, really appreciate it!!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Regulator reset worked, getting full flame now. Thanks everyone, really appreciate it!!
Lools like you fixed your problem already I was goimg to suggest disconnect the tank and reconnect it, I ran out of propane before and switchedbout the tank real fast and forgot and left the burner switches open it tripped the regulator and something happen it lit with small blue flame didn't get hot at all.

Well, I came out tonight to grill and same thing happened. Repeated my steps and got flames, but can’t seem to turn them down, they seem to be all the way on high all the time.

Not really. If I turn them to high, the flames get pretty large, looks like coming out of a turbo engine, otherwise they ar in like high all the time.

Agree, and I do, but I do sometimes use the gas side. I might start with replacing the propane line. Would anyone disagree with starting there?

thanks for all the help!

Seems like a pressure issue. I wonder if something didn’t burn out of the knobs and now you can’t decrease the amount of propane enough

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky