• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Oklahoma Joe Bronco sealant

JBinGB

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 24, 2020
Hello all! I placed an order for a Oklahoma Joe Bronco today! It was on sale for a little over $250.

I noticed some people complain the joint where the two buckets meet sometimes leaks. I have been considering using some red RTV silicone sealant made for fireplaces when assembling to seal the joint.

Would that be a good idea?

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014
Mine never leaked at all around that joint. I really wouldn't worry about it.

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
Definitely seal up that joint as you will lose smoke and heat at the joint. I know this because I have the Okie Joe highland.

JeffB1961

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 1, 2021
my bronco is supposed to be delivered wednesday and i'm aware of the leaks around the drum halves and i don't want it leaking on our new deck i built last summer . just my opinion but i DESPISE the the look of red RTV on grills , was gonna use gasket tape but i saw slowhands video and he used 1/4 inch washers on the underside so my cheap butt is gonna try that . he mentions it about 60 seconds into this video . i'm sure wider tape or better placement of the tap would have worked ..... but washers are much cheaper . take care , jeff

JBinGB

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 24, 2020
my bronco is supposed to be delivered wednesday and i'm aware of the leaks around the drum halves and i don't want it leaking on our new deck i built last summer . just my opinion but i DESPISE the the look of red RTV on grills , was gonna use gasket tape but i saw slowhands video and he used 1/4 inch washers on the underside so my cheap butt is gonna try that . he mentions it about 60 seconds into this video . i'm sure wider tape or better placement of the tap would have worked ..... but washers are much cheaper . take care , jeff

I've had a burn in and two cooks on my bronco so far. You are right, it leaks oil at the bolt holes but surprisingly it doesn't leak smoke. I am very impressed with how well it holds temps.

A word of advice though, use a hardwood briquette and not Kingsford blue bag. Please trust me

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.