Ok , yaw have me hooked! Yes I'm from the South .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

donniemack

Original poster
Nov 23, 2019
Just got me a meat grinder and I'm ready to grind up some meat for hamburgers . I would rather have a delicious hamburger than a cheep steak any day. I can't wait to try some of yaw's grinds. Man am I getting hungry reading your post.

We love brisket and tri tip burgers in our house.
Once you find the grind and combo that you like you'll never buy burger again, I promise!!!
I need to find a better grinder, I get tired of watching my wife crank that handle on big grinds.:emoji_fearful::emoji_joy:

I just started grinding meat. Wow. What a difference. I make my own pastrami, so now I get use all the brisket trimmings from before the cure. I use 1/3 brisket. 1/3 chuck and 1/3 ribs. Then I add 10% of my pastrami crumbs (after slicing) of the whole weight. They're good right away, but I've found that after a week or two in the freezer the burgers are even better!

Our favorite is brisket & pork belly ground together.
About 3 1/2 lbs. of brisket & 1 1/2 lbs. of pork belly!
Awesome burgers!
Al

Reactions: sawhorseray
We eat so much pork, that when we do eat beef, I use beef fat. Not saying that pork belly wouldn't be amazing. I just love the flavor of melted beef fat soaked sourdough buns. :emoji_yum:

I use chuck for my burgers. Love it for smash burgers. I find it has a very good meat/fat ratio.

I buy a big brisket a bag of tri tip and a whole untrimmed shoulder clod when they go on sale.
I'll trim up the clod and save the center cut for roast beast and use all the trim in burger. My buddy is a Chef, and he gets me these amazing 2lb blocks of perfectly white grass fed beef fat that I'll add if I don't have enough fat, and I like my beef burgers dripping with fat, the grass fed beef fat has a flavor that absolutely makes the burgers...........MMMMMMMMMM!!!!
We eat ground "steaks" smothered in grilled onions and brown gravy , they are to die for. I might like them more than the ground Bison steaks that I get from my old roommate. ( they get a few bricks of the grass fed beef fat)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky