Oil less turkey fryer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I bought this highly rated Air Fryer...

I tried a Whole Chicken, Breaded Thighs, Russet Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Breaded Haddock Filets, Wings, Homemade Mini Pizzas, Breaded Eggplant for Parm and Brined Pork Chops. All cooked and tasted just fine. NONE tasted remotely close to Deep Fried.
Of course I only spent $60, at the time. Should I have gotten the Emeril 360 Air Fryer/ Combination, Toaster, Rotisserie, Broiler, Food Dehydrator, Pizza, Oven, at $160, to get a Deep Fried taste?...JJ

Yup, That one's about the same size as my first "AirFryer", and it's too small to do much of anything, however it does Sausage better than anything I ever used, except my old Showtime Rotisserie, and I'm afraid to use that any more, since the cord started getting unbelievably hot when I use it.
However my AirFryer 360 can do the sausage just as good, and it has plenty of room for, and makes awesome Fries, Chicken parts, Fish Fillets, Pizza, and anything else we have a mind to Fry, without soaking in Oil.
The one thing I still want to try is the Rotisserie, but I've been waiting for more miserable weather to force me inside. So far, Best Sausage, Best Fried Chicken Pieces (Breaded or not), Best Fries, Best Fried Fish, Best homemade Pizza, I figure any fried stuff I make in there that isn't the best will be my fault.

Bear

A convection oven has its merits but is no fryer. I plan to forgo the counter top things and upgrade the oven eventually.

FWIW I have deep fried a number of turkeys over the years. Honestly, probably the best turkey there is and worth the risk. From a safety perspective, the main problem is too big a bird in too small a pot. Also, lack of fire extinguisher (Dad retired FD). A simple water dunk test can help you assess if pot large enough and you want no more than 3/4 full. If you only have smaller gear, cut bird in half, and do one side at a time. I was considering doing one this year and a write up.

A convection oven has its merits but is no fryer. I plan to forgo the counter top things and upgrade the oven eventually.

FWIW I have deep fried a number of turkeys over the years. Honestly, probably the best turkey there is and worth the risk. From a safety perspective, the main problem is too big a bird in too small a pot. Also, lack of fire extinguisher (Dad retired FD). A simple water dunk test can help you assess if pot large enough and you want no more than 3/4 full. If you only have smaller gear, cut bird in half, and do one side at a time. I was considering doing one this year and a write up.

Our oven has the convection feature. But I bought the air fryer on a whim after hearing the hype. It works ok. Like a small convection oven. And it is handy for making a meal or snack for one. I've thought about getting one of Turkey fryers, the one that uses oil for years. I haven't though because we just aren't big bird lovers. Hmm, that didn't sound right. But, anyway. I have had deep fried Turkey. And IMHO it is better then oven cooked as swell. Maybe I'll get one. And just do a boneless breast occasionally. And slice it up for lunch meat.

Reactions: zwiller
Our oven has the convection feature. But I bought the air fryer on a whim after hearing the hype. It works ok. Like a small convection oven. And it is handy for making a meal or snack for one. I've thought about getting one of Turkey fryers, the one that uses oil for years. I haven't though because we just aren't big bird lovers. Hmm, that didn't sound right. But, anyway. I have had deep fried Turkey. And IMHO it is better then oven cooked as swell. Maybe I'll get one. And just do a boneless breast occasionally. And slice it up for lunch meat.

Now Boneless Turkey Breast is another Story---My MES loves to Smoke Boneless Turkey Breasts, and they're Awesome!!

Bear

We have used these in the restaurant business for decades. They are called convection ovens.

It would be my guess that most portable Convection Ovens are made better than the AirFryer 360.
However the AirFryer is also Cheaper, Cooks Faster, Uses no oil, and is easier to clean.

Bear

You can do TONS of other things with a fryer setup. IE fish frys, large batch of corn on cob, cajun boils, lobsters, large batches of soup, process veggies, canning, etc. That said, I bought it originally for homebrewing... Beauty is, all done outside and house doesn't stink or get hot. I do in garage with door up.

Reactions: Bearcarver
You can do TONS of other things with a fryer setup. IE fish frys, large batch of corn on cob, cajun boils, lobsters, large batches of soup, process veggies, canning, etc. That said, I bought it originally for homebrewing... Beauty is, all done outside and house doesn't stink or get hot. I do in garage with door up.

Great Idea!!
I never even thought about that !

Bear

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky