Oh Canada ,day after. brunch I think, :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Oh Canada ,day after. brunch I think, :) " First Everyone have a great and safe holiday weekend, on both sides of the border "

So for Canada Day just had a nice BBQ with burgers dogs and Jalapeno and Cheese sausages.
Called for a wet day and it has been raining here for 7 days straight , but ok with that .
The day turned out very nice . There was the annual lake boat parade, and lots of fire works at night all around us on the lake , so we just say back and watched it all.

There were a couple of adult soda pops involved in the day and night.

1.JPG 2.JPG

So just your regular far for this supper last night.
The house is full now and I normally cook for 5 instead of just Mona and I.

But today, the day after Canada Day, up my regular time , house quite and the lake very quite , jumped in the lake to get unfuzzy and also to set a couple moorings for my boat and things.
mowed the back yard , because finally dried yesterday.

Now I'm hungury

Fried up a couple sausages sliced with onions and couple eggs scrambled.
empty the bottle of Gherkins and some of my B + B pickles and a big hamburger bun, I am fuller than a tick. :emoji_yum: :emoji_sunglasses:
NOW i'm a happy guy. starting to rain again so going to relax on the back deck and watch the world go by with a big cup of tea

4.JPG 5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

The lake picture is from security camera on monitor, so a little fuzzy.

Other is under the deck roof on the back with my tea , let it rain , that way I have an excuse to sit , lol

DSC_7720.JPG DSC_7721.JPG
Thanks for hanging on

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend on both sides of the border

David

The brunch is a classic David but that breakfast sandwich is verging on insanity....my kind of insanity though. I bet that was some kinda good and you were probably content until supper time after that...or at least ready for a nap :emoji_laughing: Very nice my friend and happy Canada Day.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice looking cooks. And that breakfast is a hang over cure!

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

It was a good Canada BBQ, but todays big boy breakfast was fantastic.

Just what this hungry ( old ) boy needed, after a late night and early yard work.
I do have a few adult pops once in awhile but never to extremes anymore , well maybe once a year. lol

But this would fix up a banging head for sure.🍹🍹🍻

David

The brunch is a classic David but that breakfast sandwich is verging on insanity....my kind of insanity though. I bet that was some kinda good and you were probably content until supper time after that...or at least ready for a nap :emoji_laughing: Very nice my friend and happy Canada Day.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Yes it was a great plate , and as soon as I sat down , it just screamed
grab a big hamburger bun and fill it up, so I did,:emoji_yum::emoji_yum::emoji_yum:

Can you say GoooooooD, I did , and yes I went out and relaxed on the back deck for a couple hours

David

Great way to spend the day, David. Glad you had a good, safe Canada Day.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the like and the comment

It was a very nice day , little yard work , play in the water for a bit, got a couple things done .
Than the hunger hit , and I filled the hole in my belly.

Was a good Canada Day weekend Gary
I hope yours was good also and ignore the A$$ 's that are trying to change our normal good days.

david

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks and sounds like an excellent day David, and your brunch looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW do I see a couple of paddle boats roped up to your dock? I haven't ridden in one of those since college.

Looks and sounds like an excellent day David, and your brunch looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW do I see a couple of paddle boats roped up to your dock? I haven't ridden in one of those since college.

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

It was a good filling plate of food and I enjoyed it immensely, lol ( see now I'm using big words ) full belly now, I can think.

Yes we had 3 paddle boats but one of Monas friends could not find one last year
for her camp on an other lake . So Mona gave her our oldest one. She is such a giver to other folks, ha ha

Mona and her mom like to take them out , 1 has a sun canopy for them, I have to get our boats in soon, if the rain stops and I stop being busy.
I have used them to go and unhook my line from the rocks some times when snagged. I fish almost every morning when it is partly nice for a bit,
even before work, don't tell the boss.

David

I could have used one of those beast of a sandwich yesterday morning.........Sounds like a very relaxing time and looks like a beautiful setup!

I could have used one of those beast of a sandwich yesterday morning.........Sounds like a very relaxing time and looks like a beautiful setup!

Thanks Buck for the like and the comment

It was a nice belly filler for sure.
it was a relaxing day in the rain, and we love it here .
DSC_5023.JPG DSC_5041.JPG

Always fun just sitting by fire and enjoying family

DSC_5519.JPG

David

Now that's a plate full. Looks like fun for all. From what I can see you have a very nice place David!

Thanks Brian for the like and the comment

It was a nice full meal deal , and yes I did relax after that , but it was raining again, good excuse for me lol

Thanks again, yes we love it here and I love my big pool ( lake )

David

Stupendous looking brunch David! The view I'm having at the moment is almost as nice.
View attachment 669400
Lake is virtually dead calm. This site is on a 75'cliff.

Thanks Steve for the like and the comment

Yes brunch was great and only had to cook for myself this time , everyone else was still not really up to it , and I had half a days work in already, well swim and mow the back yard lol.

That is a great view and no a breeze at all, little steep for me to pull up that close 😨😨😨

You both are really enjoying the RV and getting around. That is great

David

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky