1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Oh, a proper injector!

Discussion in 'Sauces, Rubs & Marinades' started by SonnyE, Aug 9, 2018.

1. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

So I stopped by Lowe's on my way in from my morning job intending to get a longer hose for my new cooker/boiler/steamer/fryer. I'm converting it to natural gas from Propane.

Naturally, an injector caught my eye, so I decided to get it. Mainly because it has a spreader like most do, but it has a huge needle, too.
    My thinking is chunky stuff I like to make, injected into my culinary experiments. Blue cheese dressing. Garlic infusions with minced garlic.
    My initial experiment today was Blue Cheese Dressing injected into a hot dog at lunch time.
    Kind of like a meat twinky. :rolleyes:
    The spreader needle made the hot dog distort like something in a horror movie. Made me laugh!
    Can't wait to try some minced garlic in some pork.
    New tools are fun!

Yep, I am easily amused.... :rolleyes:

richorn likes this.
  2. richorn

richorn Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

I was so looking forward to a picture of the distorted hot dog with a needle in it!!

bbqbrett and SonnyE like this.
  3. flatbroke

flatbroke Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

yeah don't be a wiener blocker

bbqbrett and SonnyE like this.
  4. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

Uh oh... I think he's going to do a pork loin with his bleu cheese ranch or some thing now ;)

SonnyE likes this.
  5. mike243

mike243 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Thanks cost me $16 for 1 not sure its the same but has 2 needles 1 with multiple holes ans 1 with just a open end,going to thro others away after I try this 1

6. TomKnollRFV

I dropped about that on an injector, but it only has one needle with side openings. I think you got the better deal!

7. I bought the OKJ branded injector at Walmart. It has two needles and is some pretty solid metal construction. I guess I need to be more adventurous with my injector as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

George

8. TomKnollRFV

I have already forgotten what Brand I got. It was either a Norpro or the high end Chaard. I'm actually wondering about 'Hey, can I inject stadium style nacho cheese into a hot dog and..' ... it's a slippery slope.... and SonnyE contributed to it by mentioning bleu cheese dressing before!

9. SonnyE

20180810_170723[1].jpg 20180810_170809[1].jpg 20180810_171000[1].jpg 20180810_171800[1].jpg
    About any tasty sauce you can dream up can be injected.
    I have a small squeeze bottle of Ranch N Rub in the fridge I really like the taste of.
    For eggzample....;)

I coulda swore I posted pictures before now....

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  10. TomKnollRFV

I'm some what afraid of the fact SonnyE has an injector to try on things now ;)

11. SonnyE

Muh, ha,ha,ha,haaaaaa.... !:eek::rolleyes:o_O

12. mike243

5C7E008C-CD12-4378-BEF2-664D493F7A78.jpeg

Attached Files:

13. SonnyE

Yeah Mike.
    Have fun!

14. mike243

Bargin hunt in Knoxville Tn has basically the same injector for $2 a piece ,bought 3 and the needle is a little longer on the lowes 1 but pretty sure all were made in same factory lol

15. E's Smokin

E's Smokin Fire Starter

IMG_0589 (003).JPG IMG_0588 (003).JPG I love my BDI injector

16. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

I'm more afraid of SonnyE injecting foreign liquids into his wiener. :)

Chris

nanuk likes this.
  17. TomKnollRFV

He is a crazy one isn't he Chris? ;)

18. SonnyE

Unh Uh, Honey.
    That's "Exit Only".

LOL!

19. SonnyE

20. E's Smokin

E's Smokin Fire Starter

Yep , its a Killer Hoggs BDI (Best Damn Injector), I got it as a gift a couple years ago
    I love it, it saves a lot of time & is fun to use, You'll never under inject again :D