Official SMF N. FL Gathering -- April 13th 14th and 15th 2012

Discussion in 'Events' started by pineywoods, Nov 3, 2011.

1. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Jerry, Can you post up a list of things to bring to make a hydroponic growing container..... I want to make a few while I am down there....Maybe some others would want to do the same

Joe

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Joe and anybody else wanting to make a self watering container please bring a 5 gal bucket with lid if you want to make several of them bring several. You can also make them out of those 18 gal plastic totes but it does take a little more work to do them.

I'll have the rest of the stuff we need to make them here and we'll make a few of both types so you can see how easy it is to make them.

They work great and are a lot less work than growing in the ground. I don't know that you'd want to try to have a big garden in them but you'd be surprised at how much some people have going in them. If you don't have the space for a regular garden these are a way to grow a few things very easily and without taking up much room

Here's a link to give you an idea of what we are talking about I may do mine a little different but the principal is the same

http://www.seattleoil.com/Flyers/Earthbox.pdf

3. Hmmmmm,  Pickled eggs an lotsa beer.    Jerry your gonna need a few caution no smoking signs for all that methane.  [​IMG]

4. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

If we are talking  of beer what is the most favorite beer?????

5. handsonfire

handsonfire Fire Starter

Trick question?

Errr the cold kind ..

6. bamafan

bamafan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

The free kind[​IMG]

7. I brew what I drink.

8. I'll drink what you brew.

9. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

The free cold kind!

10. africanmeat

[​IMG]OK i got it . 

1. it is wet

2. it is cold

3. it is free

now what Brand should it be  [​IMG]

11. bamafan

bamafan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Africa, buy them a Natty pack and tell them to fight over it! If you don't know what a Natty pack is come see me when you get there! On a side note Sam Adams is always good.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  12. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Ahron

You may as wait until after the first day and just make a beer run once you find out who's cooler your drinking from!  We all tend to bring our own alcohol and just share.  Maybe you'll find a beer you like and then you can pick up a  couple of six packs from there.

13. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Im bringing some beer, rebel yell, makers mark and some shine cherries.

14. solaryellow

solaryellow Limited Mod Group Lead

I am drinking Rick's booze and eating the cherries. [​IMG]

15. Just curious, Is everyone as excited as I am?    [​IMG]

16. alblancher

Getting  ready

17 lbs of Polish ready to dry.  I'll cold smoke it a while Friday and then put in the Lang to cook  and

1/2 belly after first application of dry cure

[​IMG][​IMG]

2 -   1/2 bellies in the brine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. africanmeat

Thanks it is a good advise

18. africanmeat

Yes yes  and i start my trip to the US on the 09/04/2012

19. alblancher

Maybe everyone should bring a bottle or two of their local brew for Ahron to try out!  I can swing a 6 of Abita Amber.

Kind of funny the way your write the date.  I was going to say you are going to miss the party  04/09/12 in US lingo

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012