$$$ of Meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One of the stores had a 1 day sale, that was yesterday and it was for 1.29lbs. Most of the stores are going for 1.49lbs or more....This time of the year 1.29lbs is going to be a pretty good price...Pork usually goes down when it gets cold......It pains me to pay that much, but you have to pay to play right ???

I haven't seen butts under $1.49 around here in a long time. Ribs have been on sale (if that's what you want to call it) for 2 weeks now, $1.99/spares,$2.99/St Louis. $3.49/BB but FL has London Broil for $2.99 (half price) this week so I'm going to get a bunch for jerky. Nothing much else been on sale for awhile, I try to buy whatever is on sale and I really haven't bought anything for awhile, it's been pretty sad.

I have several of the stores on-line ads sent to me every week.... I will watch for sales and BUY! BUY! BUY! when I find a good deal...It is the only way I can ever have anything to experiment with.....I bought chicken thighs about 2 weeks ago for .88lbs...I bought 30lbs, between cooking them for the wife and kids and smoking a few just to play with new recipes...they will not go to waste.....

I do the same thing Shoney, watch the ads every week and buy when the prices are right, sadly I haven't bought anything in awhile.

S2K9K, It is a sad time indeed….This economy is slowly killing me….then throw the gas prices in and you can stick a fork in me….because I’m done…..

Butts are hard to come by up here for less than $2 a pound. Occasionally they come on sale for $1.49. There is one chain here that usually has a sale once a year when they're $.99 a pound. I wait for that one & fill up the freezer.

Butts are hard to come by up here for less than $2 a pound. Occasionally they come on sale for $1.49. There is one chain here that usually has a sale once a year when they're $.99 a pound. I wait for that one & fill up the freezer.
Same here.....There was one store that sold Butts for .88lbs last year. I bought 200lbs to put up. I haven't seen prices like that in a while though.....I pd 1.29lbs yesterday....but that was a 1 day sale....

Yeah, there's a Cash & Carry that sells them a little cheaper, but they're boneless. I like the bone-in better, and I hate to see the hack-job they do to get the bone out.

Late reply, I realize, but thought I would comment anyways.  Up here in Canada, I pay $3.49/KG (Metric is more accurate!!! :P) for boneless necks.  They are okay for smoking, but much better used for marinated Capicola steaks.  Dividing that price by 2.2, I am paying $1.59/lb at a discounted volume price.  This price fluctuates depending on seasonal demand by other local meat processing facilities.

Roller, you know that you're going to make me make a run.....I can't fine chicken for .99 cents a pound right now.....You are killing me if you are talking butts !!!!

Cash & Carry here has pork backribs for $2.69 lb., in packs of three, through 10/7/12. Best price I've seen in a while.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky