October THROWDOWN................

Discussion in 'SMF Throwdowns' started by bmudd14474, Oct 1, 2011.

1. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Without further delay I am happy to announce the theme for this months throwdown.

[​IMG]

There are no limitations of what you can do. It can be anything as long as it has sausage in it. It can be homemade sausage or store bought. We will also have 3 categories that can be won. Homemade sausage, Store bought, and overall.

For the prizes we will have a package from Tjohnson which will be either a AMNPS or a ET-732, A spice package from Beer-B-Q, and we will have a Sausage grinder.

We decided to do some big prizes to get people involved.

The rules are the same and available HERE. I made 1 rule change. Before it had to be 1 picture on 1 plate. I made it so that its just 1 picture. If you want to use multiple plates then you can.

Please submit all entries to me by midnight EDT on the last day of the month. Please email all entries to me at [email protected]

Code Word: Kutas

Best of luck to everyone.

2. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

This is going to be fun.

3. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

all the newbies need to be taught about the codeword!

I never made a sausage but i know how to buy one

happy to see these throwdowns back!

4. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good point. If you are new to the throwdowns please read the rules. You need to make sure you include the code word in the picture of your entry.

5. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Do you have to do a new sausages or you can use the one you have and made?

6. ecto1

ecto1 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Hmmm...Interesting just did a sausage dish guess it is time to step up the game then.

7. bmudd14474

It can be sausage that you made prior that you use in a new dish.

8. smokey mo

smokey mo Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

MY FIRST THROWDOWN! WOOT WOOT!!!

now i have to find some sausage....

9. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

boy howdy, I picked the right day to fire up the smoker with sausage [​IMG]a few more hours and I'll be clickin away...then smackin my lips!!!

Thanks for bringin this back!!

10. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very cool! This will be fun!

11. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I wish we would do this one AFTER elk season but I'm just as happy to have the throwdowns back. Sausage is a great theme to get it started and I'm bettin' the homemade catagory is gonna be very interesting at best. Good luck to everyone ...

12. pars

pars Fire Starter

This will be my first Throwdown. :sausage: This is exciting !
    Does it have to look like a sausage when it's done ?
    :grilling_smilie:

13. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

Pars, I don't thinks so.  Sausage just needs to be the key ingredient.  But thats a pretty good idea...this months TD is sausage, you can use anything but sausage to make something that looks like sausage...hmmmm you maybe have just pioneered a new contest.

14. jrod62

jrod62 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

im in !!!!  [​IMG]

15. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

how about some vegetarian green sausage?

[​IMG]

16. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

I DO NOT eat things that color!

17. alaskanbear

alaskanbear Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

OK, as you all are aware, I am old, senile, dense, hard of hearing, bad eyesight, lazy, judgemental, over weight, terrible memory, oh well, you get the idea.  I have read, re-read and re-read what I already re-read and will be damned if I can find that elusive "CODE WORD".  Am I that bad??  Ifg so, maybe I will submit my brain as a sausage dish--small as it may be..

Confused and bewildered in Alaska,  (and they say salmon is brain food!!!  HA!!)

Rich

18. dirtyd

dirtyd Fire Starter

It is in the first post of this thread at the bottom.

19. I feel a gumbo coming on. in.

20. alaskanbear

alaskanbear Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

OMG I am SENILE and blind--thanks sir!!