october fattie cordon blu

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
actuaaly this was the wifes idea   she loves chicken and my daughter says "we" use way to much bacon on this site so we combined the two thoughts and came up with the cordon blue

it was really pretty easy to make,  i precooked the chicken to make sure they were done and started

took some ham slices and layered with thick swiss cheese then cut the chicken into strips

smoked for a couple hours then made a crust lattice and baked

it came out wonderful and was quite tasty

76993c99_octthrowdown001.jpg

b04e7c12_octthrowdown002.jpg

6ab751e0_octthrowdown003.jpg

e1fe0455_octthrowdown004.jpg

52d5431c_octthrowdown006.jpg

6cbc8761_octthrowdown007.jpg

15482d31_octthrowdown011.jpg

ac8c4a69_octthrowdown012.jpg

this thing was very good and the girls loved it so something good to smoke if you have women over who dont really like smoked items   

thanks again for the votes

i was glad to see the judges raised my score from that impressive score of  12  last month!

Last edited:
Reactions: meateater
Awesome Fattie Rick...  It looks delicious...

Rick,

I knew that was yours for some reason. It totally rocked. I have it on my list of things to smoke and cant wait to give it a try.  Congrats on a great win

Way to go Rick! I voted for yours because chicken cordon bleu is one of my most favorite foods to eat and your fatty looked amazing! Congrats sir!

points.gif
Excellent Rick... This is the one when I was going down through the entries I hit yours and thought.  Of course, what a great idea and how perfect for a fattie!  Nice job!

Looks darn good...  is that pie crust? on the outside? did you put the crust on near the end of the smoke  or did you  put it on from the start like a  bacon wrap.?

thanks

icon_cool.gif

Very nice there Rick and don't tell Bbally I voted for you too. I love cordon blue it is one of my favs for chicken. I really do like your lattice work too. Is that pie crust like Dad asked or is it a tortilla cut into strips like one of Cheryl's fattie oops like mine.

Last edited:
thanks for all the comments everyone

the crust was a pizza dough, i just rolled it out and used a pizza roller to cut into strips, then added flour to help weave it so it didnt stick to much

what i did was smoked the fattie then brought it in, weaved it and then baked it, i brushed with garlic butter to get it nice and brown

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky