Octagon Offset Build (24" x 48")

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
up here we call them shackles Google "Spring Shackle" you'll see what I mean
Ohhhh I see now....except I just bought those hinges on amazon as weld on hinges....very inexpensive too I might add....package of 4 for like 29.99 or something like that....even has grease fittings.

Ohhhh I see now....except I just bought those hinges on amazon as weld on hinges....very inexpensive too I might add....package of 4 for like 29.99 or something like that....even has grease fittings.

I did not know you can get these on amazon. My error, I will probably get me some of these and use on my next build.
Thanks for getting me on the right track...

Reactions: SNeal5966
I did not know you can get these on amazon. My error, I will probably get me some of these and use on my next build.
Thanks for getting me on the right track...
No Problem! They are a little more expensive than I thought but under 50 bucks for a set of four.

So.....other than answering questions or helping out with sharing build information I won't be adding more to this thread since I have pretty much documented the build and the results. But one thing everyone I think might wanna see....is the beast in use...some asked for that early on in the build.

For the super bowl, I went to a friends party and made the wings. 60 wings, Smoked Cajun Buffalo wings. They were GONE before the game even started!

I cooked with the second shelf out so I could adjust my tuning plates...once they were adjusted though I could have put that in there b/c the grates slide in and out so no worries about reaching around with 2 grates in. I had 60 wings, and some extra bits of chicken for leftovers and didn't even fully fill the first shelf.

So without further ado.....here it is:
20190202_152447.jpg

Seasoned with Cajun seasoning for 24 hrs in the fridge:

20190202_154050.jpg

Once my fire was steady
20190203_102251.jpg

Here we are moving them around a bit at the end
20190203_124852.jpg

And Finally....the finished product after being tossed in Hot Sauce / Butter (Buffalo Style at the end I use 1 cup of Franks Red Hot to 1/2 cup butter myself)
20190203_163416.jpg

The only thing I would do different in the future is use un-salted butter with the fanks red hot. The Cajun has enough salt in it, didn't need that. If they were just straight fried wings though you definitely want the salted butter.

Reactions: motolife313
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky