O'CHARLIE'S CARAMEL PIE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Merry Christmas Smokers! All of my Christmas smoking is done and the weather is bad. Cool and rainy. Yesterday was a good day to stay in and make a pie. This one is my absolute favorite of all time. I started making them over 20 years ago and it is so simple a kid could do it. Here we go!

1) 9" graham cracker pie crust
2) 3 cans of sweetened condensed milk
3) remove the label from the cans and boil for a full 2 hours. Keep another pot of near boiling water nearby to refill the main pot as needed. It will be needed.
4) after the 3 cans finish their boil, remove and let them cool for 1 hour.
5) after the hour, open the cans (carefully) may? be some light pressure build up. Only had slight pressure 1 time many, many years ago.
6) spread the gooey mixture in the crust
7) it MUST sit in the refrigerator for 20 to 24 hours. Full 24 is best to tighten up the goodness for slicing.
8) crush up some chocolate chips and pecans
9) cut a slice and add the cool whip (extra creamy) add the chocolate chips and pecans on top of the cool whip.

This pie is so good. It will be inhaled very quickly. I normally make 2 at a time because they seem to disappear!

PIE CRUST.jpg

BOILING.jpg

PIE DONE.jpg

PIE CUT.jpg

COOL WHIP.jpg

That looks awesome Hawg. Never heard of boiling cans of SCM before and never would of thought you would get that result! Going to have to give it a try soon! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Hawging It
That looks awesome Hawg. Never heard of boiling cans of SCM before and never would of thought you would get that result! Going to have to give it a try soon! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks. It's really easy and soooo good. Better make 2 as they disappear faster than a midnight freight train.

Looks good Hawg, I'm not a big dessert eater but I think my wife would like this one.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Hawging It
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky