• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Now under construction

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 25, 2007
Well the demand has been increasing so it was time for a bigger unit.  Making mine out of what they call smart block and it will be tiled inside and out.  Here are a few pic's of the build.

The block

Well that's it for right now.  More to come later, should be finished in a couple of days.  Thinking of electrice element with a plc type setup to control it.

Chalee

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Ambitious!  Can't wait to see the progress and the first Q-view!

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Looks like you are going to have a good smokehouse when you get it finished...

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 31, 2010
looking good and nice job can't wait to see the Q that comes out of it

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 25, 2007
Here are the pic's from the end of day 3.  Got to talk to the guy this morning he tiled over my drain hole. 

Well that's it for day 3.

Chalee

justpassingthru

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2009
Great looking smoker, man you went all out, what do you mean the demand has been increasing, you selling?

One question about the door, are you going to leave it one piece or make it a two piece, seems to me that big of a door when it is open would lose a lot of heat and take a long time to recover, just asking.

Please continue to post pics, what kind of bananas are those, long or short, eatin' or cookin'?

Gene

virginiasmokesignal

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2009
Chalee, That thing is really looking nice my friend, I like the idea of the tile, is it heat resistant? I am familiar with the block you used, my cousin owns a plant that makes them here in Virginia, they are a good strong block and will be there for years and years to come. It's looking like an awesome build, just keep the pics coming friend !

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Very nice work Chalee, keep the pictures coming!

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 25, 2007
Great looking smoker, man you went all out, what do you mean the demand has been increasing, you selling?   I just sell to a few friends and now more people are asking for some of my smoked meats.

One question about the door, are you going to leave it one piece or make it a two piece, seems to me that big of a door when it is open would lose a lot of heat and take a long time to recover, just asking.  Going to leave in in one piece as I don't usally open the door that often.

Please continue to post pics, what kind of bananas are those, long or short, eatin' or cookin'?  Both

Gene
Tried to add more pic's but couldn't at this time will try later.

Chalee

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Awesome looking build. If I ever get a house that i like, I think I will need something like what you have done. That would be pretty nice, walk out back under the roof and tend the smoker. 

Very nice work.

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 25, 2007
Some more pic's from day 4 noon.

Was going to add a few more pic's but they wan't attach now, maybe later.

Chalee

Last edited:

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 25, 2007
Here are a few more pic's, all that is remaining now is putting in the racks for the shelves.  I'm having a stainless steel hood made for the top, then I have to make the heating element setup.

Will post more pic's when I get it completed.

Chalee

lookwow

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 3, 2011
Cool build so far. Im sure people walk/drive past that and are like WTF.

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
When I was young I was a tile setter, looks like he did a good job. Can't wait to see the fine smoked foods coming out of that smoker.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Very interesting design. Looking forward to the finish & first smoke!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.