Now under construction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheapchalee

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Thailand
Well the demand has been increasing so it was time for a bigger unit.  Making mine out of what they call smart block and it will be tiled inside and out.  Here are a few pic's of the build.

The block

62726070_IMG_0474.jpg

15f7e805_IMG_0477.jpg

9c63deb0_IMG_0483.jpg

d32e7036_IMG_0481.jpg

Well that's it for right now.  More to come later, should be finished in a couple of days.  Thinking of electrice element with a plc type setup to control it.

Chalee

Looks like you are going to have a good smokehouse when you get it finished...

Here are the pic's from the end of day 3.  Got to talk to the guy this morning he tiled over my drain hole. 

a124b615_IMG_0491.jpg

5e255d91_IMG_0492.jpg

4680a576_IMG_0494.jpg

e601a36e_IMG_0495.jpg

Well that's it for day 3.

Chalee

Great looking smoker, man you went all out, what do you mean the demand has been increasing, you selling?

One question about the door, are you going to leave it one piece or make it a two piece, seems to me that big of a door when it is open would lose a lot of heat and take a long time to recover, just asking.

Please continue to post pics, what kind of bananas are those, long or short, eatin' or cookin'?

Gene

Chalee, That thing is really looking nice my friend, I like the idea of the tile, is it heat resistant? I am familiar with the block you used, my cousin owns a plant that makes them here in Virginia, they are a good strong block and will be there for years and years to come. It's looking like an awesome build, just keep the pics coming friend !

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Great looking smoker, man you went all out, what do you mean the demand has been increasing, you selling?   I just sell to a few friends and now more people are asking for some of my smoked meats.

One question about the door, are you going to leave it one piece or make it a two piece, seems to me that big of a door when it is open would lose a lot of heat and take a long time to recover, just asking.  Going to leave in in one piece as I don't usally open the door that often.

Please continue to post pics, what kind of bananas are those, long or short, eatin' or cookin'?  Both

Gene
Tried to add more pic's but couldn't at this time will try later.

Chalee

Awesome looking build. If I ever get a house that i like, I think I will need something like what you have done. That would be pretty nice, walk out back under the roof and tend the smoker. 

Very nice work.

Some more pic's from day 4 noon.

5a9feba8_IMG_0498.jpg

23a1df89_IMG_0499.jpg

Was going to add a few more pic's but they wan't attach now, maybe later.

Chalee

Last edited:
Here are a few more pic's, all that is remaining now is putting in the racks for the shelves.  I'm having a stainless steel hood made for the top, then I have to make the heating element setup.

68336b6e_IMG_0517.jpg

7b575d26_IMG_0518.jpg

3e5ef4b0_IMG_0519.jpg

2078c6f6_IMG_0520.jpg

Will post more pic's when I get it completed.

Chalee

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky