Now this is a Fat Pocket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Glad she's feeling better Gary. That thing was huge. Fatty lumps are fairly common in labs and our old boy Stinky had a few when he was alive. None that big thankfully.

Chris

Wow! That is a big one. Hoped ya named it! I'm sure Roxy will give ya a big lick when she gets feeling better
That was money well spent Gary. When she feels better you will get a good face washing as a thank you. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
I'm really looking forward to seeing her, but it will be 2 weeks yet before I go home for a weekend.
Gary

Holy Crap! That had to be hard on the dog. I'm so glad to hear your girl is ok.
My first dog, after we got married, developed lumps at 10 years old. One day one burst and the vet removed it. Two weeks later two more broke open and we had them removed. A week later four more broke open. The Vet recommended we put her down as the surgical expense was going to increase as they continued to surface. I really miss that girl. Losing herwas especially hard on my three young daughters....JJ
I've never heard of them breaking open, JJ. It's always hard on everyone when you lose a family member.
Gary

Wishing Roxy a speedy recovery. Once healed, it should be easier for her to move around now.
Gary, so glad they were able to remove that enormous thing. Wow. Our older dogs have smaller , much smaller ones, and our Vet also said no worries, etc. I agree, she'll seem years younger now.
Glad it turned out well for all of you! Bright side is she didn't have to wear the cone of shame!
Ryan
$234/pound!!! Only thing better at that price than Waygu is that pup feeling better!
Glad she's feeling better Gary. That thing was huge. Fatty lumps are fairly common in labs and our old boy Stinky had a few when he was alive. None that big thankfully.
Chris
Fat pockets are usually no big deal. I've just never seen one get this big or this hard before.
Just having her healthy again means a lot to me.
Both Miss Linda and I figure it was money well spent!!
Gary

Best wishes on a speedy and full recovery!! My first lab started getting lumpy too...but we lost him before they were an issue. this is a good reminder to keep an eye on the lumps - that one they removed is huge!
You're so right. I never really knew they could be dangerous. Always just saw them as an annoyance.
Gary

They just came out with a drug that they inject directly into Lipomas a few months ago that dissolves the tumor. This is an incredible new development in Veterinary medicine that will help millions of K9's at a fraction of the price of having them surgically removed. It will save tens of thousands of dogs lives because as you can see many of these surgical procedures are extremely invasive and as GaryHibbert GaryHibbert knows they cost many hundreds even thousands of dollars to have them surgically removed, it's a big deal because about 90% of elderly K9's develop Lipomas that hinder their walking and many other things if they get bad enough.

My wife has been a critical care RVT in an emergency animal hospital for over 40 years, so I hear or read these things in her newsletters that come to the house these new shots will save many K9 lives and save the owners big, big bucks.

Pretty damn cool really.
Dan:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: GaryHibbert
They just came out with a drug that they inject directly into Lipomas a few months ago that dissolves the tumor. This is an incredible new development in Veterinary medicine that will help millions of K9's at a fraction of the price of having them surgically removed. It will save tens of thousands of dogs lives because as you can see many of these surgical procedures are extremely invasive and as GaryHibbert GaryHibbert knows they cost many hundreds even thousands of dollars to have them surgically removed, it's a big deal because about 90% of elderly K9's develop Lipomas that hinder their walking and many other things if they get bad enough.

My wife has been a critical care RVT in an emergency animal hospital for over 40 years, so I hear or read these things in her newsletters that come to the house these new shots will save many K9 lives and save the owners big, big bucks.

Pretty damn cool really.
Dan:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

That's fantastic new. We were planning to have a bunch more removed.
Do you happen to know the name of the drug?? Miss Linda is taking Roxy into the vet Monday AM for a checkup and can ask the vet about this.
Gary

Glad she got all fixed up Gary, she will be sore for a few days but be much better off in the long run! Hope the ol girl is back to normal soon!

That's fantastic new. We were planning to have a bunch more removed.
Do you happen to know the name of the drug?? Miss Linda is taking Roxy into the vet Monday AM for a checkup and can ask the vet about this.
Gary
I'll find out for you.
Dan

My wife is working right now, so I sent her a text she said it is a new steroidal medicine, but it won't be available until sometime in 2022. (my mistake sorry)

Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky