November Throwdown Prize

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
bmudd14474 bmudd14474 and TulsaJeff TulsaJeff Just letting you know the prize for the Gravy show down just showed up .
That sure is a great prize for a pork chop and some homemade gravy . I really appreciate both of your efforts .
Thermo works .jpg
I've entered 2 of these really just to show support , and was lucky enough to receive a prize both times .
First was last year for the Sausage throw down . All homemade .
entry.jpg
For that one I got a 3 months subscription to BBQ box .
Once a month for 3 months I got a box with a sauce and a rub .
Great prize in itself , and I really enjoyed it . Lillie's out of SC has some great sauces .
I didn't get anything in the boxes that I didn't like . All top shelf stuff .

I joined the gravy throw down at the last minute , just as a show of support .
Honestly never gave winning a prize any thought . Only 3 entries gives you a pretty good chance of winning .
I've been doing the sour cream and dill gravy for a lot of years . It's great on pan fried pork .
entry 1.jpg
For anyone interested here's what's in the gravy .
Chicken stock
Sour cream
dill
potato starch .
I made about 2 cups of chicken stock . Used half to deglaze the pan , then
I mixed the potato starch in with the sour cream , then mixed that with the rest of the cold stock .
I added about a TBL. of the hot stock to the sour cream and stock mixture before adding it to the pan .
Helps to keep it from breaking .
20221126_172836.jpg
Whisk it into the pan and keep whisking . Then I add the dried dill .
I have a bunch of home grown from my Areo garden . This is a really good gravy if you like
Dill and sour cream flavors .
20221126_174145.jpg

Thanks for a great prize fellas .

Man, some fine work there Rich! The dill gravy is bookmarked for use soon, I make pan-fried pork chops once a month. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Congrats Rich! I must have missed those posts. You're gonna love that Signals, I got one a few months ago, and it's excellent. Great write up for that Gravy.

Awesome! Great prize and well deserved! I remember the sausage throw down entry too! I agree, it’s a lot of fun to do the entry, this was my first one and I plan on doing more!

You earned that one Rich - excellent entry. Use it well.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky