Not new to smoking but

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brozzi

Original poster
Jul 17, 2023
I have a Char-broil smoker that i used to smoke 3 ribs the other day. It also had corn on the top shelf so she was loaded pretty good. My question is it never got to temp. I started it at 225f but thats the hottest i could get. Today - just now - using a much heavier and shorter extension cord after roughly an hour empty she is at 293f. I made one mistake thats obvious. Extension cord wasn't perfect. Having said that, has anyone had a similar issue with Char-broil electric smokers. I'm a little leary that when it's loaded the hottest i will get her is around 200f.

Don't have an electric smoker, but welcome to the group from New Mexico.
As for extension cords, it is best if you can get by without one, but if you have to, use a cord that is at least 12ga for a 120v outlet.

Welcome from Mississippi! During the whole cook it never got above 225 with the ribs and corn in it?

Jim

Your smoker will work best without an extension cord. Look into a smoke tube for longer smokes instead of chip box.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky