Not doing that again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
So to add a little flavour to both the rib rub and the bbq sauce, I added a bit of chipotle.

Yikes! Who needs "sweating to the oldies"

THe ribs were quite tasty, just a bit more of a bite than I like.

I added a bit of chipotle.

That leaves a lot to interpretation...
A few is 3 or more.
A pinch is my fingers, or your little fingers?
A bit... as in a cup?
:emoji_laughing:

Yep, I made some Jerky and added some Cayenne Pepper powder to the seasoning. :emoji_astonished:
Next time I halved the amount... :emoji_sunglasses:
Just wear old undies for the next few days.

Reactions: Hawging It
It was chipotle powder not raw. Methinks there was some hot sauce in there as well as cumin.
I liked it, just will tame it next time.

Reactions: SonnyE
I don't know what you consider "a bit of chipotle" powder. Back in younger days, we were conservative on adding heat until we found our preference level of bite to go with the other flavors that accompany the heat.
Funny thing, years ago when we lived in Seattle (area), we got take out from a local Thai restaurant. Owner said we liked food much hotter than he liked it.

Holy Crapazolie, Chile!
I'm sorry, but I was cracking up at your suffering.
No way on Gods Green Earth would I EVER do that!

Now, of course there is always the morbid curiosity, how miserable were you the next day or two?
Did you burn holes where you sat?

God Bless Mama and The Kids giggling in the background. :emoji_anguished::emoji_sunglasses:

The heat level of chipotle depends on who makes it. Some are killer hot, some just warm.

You could make your own chipotle powder, from whatever peppers you like. If you do, then run the smoker more heavy on the smoke than you would do for meat.

• Was watching a cooking video awhile ago. The Chef dipped a Toothpick in Pure Capsaicin Oil and swirled it in 5 gallons of Chili. The Chef tasted the Chili and proclaimed it too hot for all but his Chilehead Customers. I imagine you don't get Hotter than Pure Capsaicin Oil!
I could take more Heat when I was younger. I still enjoy more bite than my family members but no where near how I used to torture myself.
About 25 years ago, a couple of the guys my wife worked for and I went to a Thai Restaurant we wanted to try. We walked in an noticed, we were the only White People there. There were only a half dozen tables of Lunch guests, but I immediately knew we made a good choice. The other guest were Thai or from another Asian country. I ordered the Chef's Special. It was Shrimp, assorted veg and Glass Noodles, stir fried with Red Curry Paste and Coconut Milk. The Owner, our waiter ask how hot I wanted the dish, the scale they used was 1 thru 4 Chiles. I told him I wanted it Thai Hot. The others ordered 1 or 2 Chiles Hot. He jokingly scoffed that Americans can't handle Thai Hot and went to the kitchen. A short time later, he brought our food, it looked and smelled Amazingly delicious. There Owner watched as I ate. By the second bite, I broke a sweat and my nose was running so hard it started to drip. The heat was tolerable but really HOT!!! The owner started laughing and walked away. As I was nearing the end of the meal, my shirt completely soaked with sweat, the restaurant owner and now the Chef and a couple other employees gathered to watch this Caucasian eating Real Thai food. I took the last bite, blew my nose and sat back in the chair, panting. The employees started clapping, the Chef shook my hand and bowed, and the Owner stired laughing, shook my hand and said he was so impressed that I finished the heavily spiced meal, that my dish was on the House! I had many a great and adventurous meal at the Bangkok Silver Bowl...JJ

Reactions: DustyJoe84
The first few times I tried habs, it was like going through a portal to Somewhere Else. As I would say, "You can kind of still see the world, but you're not really in it."

Now they're my favorite pepper.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky