Not delivery OR Digiorno

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bangstick

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
South Carolina
I didn't know where to put this but I wanted to show off my first attempt at homemade pizza on my Woodwind.

I cheated a little and bought pre-made pizza dough from the Publix bakery (not the pre-made stuff in the freezer aisle). After rolling and stretching the dough, I laid down a thin layer of sauce, a thin layer of cheese, peperoni, Italian sausage, pancetta, mushrooms, Vidalia onion, Roma tomatoes and finished with another thin layer of cheese. I put my pizza stone in the Woodwind and pre-heated it up to 500 degrees. I know next time I do this I need to dock the dough because she tried to puff up on me but I kept a close eye on it and deflated the bigger bubbles as they developed.

Anyway, 15 minutes later and I had a beautiful pie that had a great grilled flavor and AMAZING crispy crust with a great chew. Not too bad if I say so myself.

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Mm good proper pizza!

Wait till you get into doing your own dough; you can add seasoning right into it! <Or if you already do make your own at times..try adding minced garlic right into the dough!>

Thanks fellas. I gotta admit, I'm pretty proud of this one.

I'm going to branch out on my next attempt(s). I didn't want to over-extend myself on the first try.

Letting the pizza stone heat up with the grill makes a huge difference on the crust. That is, if you like a crispy crunchy crust, which I most definitely do. Plus, the grilled smoky flavor added a whole new dimension to the flavor of the pizza.

Thanks fellas. I gotta admit, I'm pretty proud of this one.

I'm going to branch out on my next attempt(s). I didn't want to over-extend myself on the first try.

Letting the pizza stone heat up with the grill makes a huge difference on the crust. That is, if you like a crispy crunchy crust, which I most definitely do. Plus, the grilled smoky flavor added a whole new dimension to the flavor of the pizza.
I now entirely want to try and do this..but I am also pretty sure my char-griller wouldn't get that hot either!

High heat is definitely critical to a crispy crust and nice char on the toppings/cheese. Some of those professional brick pizza ovens get over 900 degrees in the dome.

I have pretty much ruined it for every take-out pizza delivery joint around me that we USED to use. Lol!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky