Not as easy as i thought

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqchamp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
Palatka,FL
Right now im smoking some chicken wings and im having the hardest time keeping a constant heat of  225-250. I need help, also how long should i cook them. It's been almost an hour now.

Not knowing what kind of smoker you have i can't help there.

Cook to an internal of 160° at the joints

icon_cool.gif

Now you should be almost done with the wings. I smoke mine for maybe 2 hours or so but I do watch the temp in the thickest part of the wings. Like Bob said 160°ish.

Same here about 2 hours, then on a hot grill for a couple of minutes to crisp the skin up, then a bath in Frank's hot sauce. Hope yours came out well.

Are you burning straight wood in your smoker? What kind of air intakes are on your firebox? Does the exhaust stack have a flapper valve to adjust?

I was using charcoal, which i dont think i'm using again. For some reason there are no air intakes on the smoker or a flapper on the exhaust. I think im going to have to get someone to add them for me. And from now on i'm only burning wood. 

You will need adjustable air intakes on the fire box to be able to control the fire. A flapper on the exhaust really isn't needed. Being where your at with all the woods around you straight wood would be the way to go and much cheaper too.

You will need adjustable air intakes on the fire box to be able to control the fire. A flapper on the exhaust really isn't needed. Being where your at with all the woods around you straight wood would be the way to go and much cheaper too.
Go to his profile page he has the pictures in an album there.

Go to his profile page he has the pictures in an album there.
I saw the pics of his smoker but it didn't show close enough pics to see if it had the things I mentioned

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky