Not a good day @#$%#@$%^^&^

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And then LSU loses to Auburn...just wasn't your day! 

No one here that really knows football expected lsu to win. We all wanted them to But.....

Got all the meat on and recovery is going slow. Put a palmfull of pecan chips in the chute and now the dang thing won't smoke????

Don't want to open it back up to check the pan till the temps get back up.

Glad you got it fixed now lets see that big smoke ya got going

Last edited:
I wanna hijack your thread for a minute eman, I just didn't want to start a new thread. I am looking at the MES 40'' with the window. I've been reading alot of reviews about the heating element in these things going out, what's that all about and does it require alot of mods?

I wanna hijack your thread for a minute eman, I just didn't want to start a new thread. I am looking at the MES 40'' with the window. I've been reading alot of reviews about the heating element in these things going out, what's that all about and does it require alot of mods?
Mine was a couple of years old and it's a  1 - 1.5 hr fix.

The new ones have an access panel in the back . which cuts down on the labor by over half .

I don't know that the newer models have the same wiring problem that the old ones had.

It is not the element itself that goes bad  The connector that is on the wire that attaches to the element burns loose.

I have done no mods to mine untill doing this repair.

Where did you find the wire and connectors.  I've been shopping around -- just in case -- but have not found wire that is large enough gauge nor connectors that are large enough.  Two different hardware stores have the right type of connectors, but in a size that is half as big as it needs to be.  One store had heat resistant wire that was 14 guage and rated up to 90C which is less than 200F.  I think that loses on gauge and heat.

Hey Dale Check here for all sizes of Hi Temp Wire...

http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/585_762

icon_cool.gif

Dang it I'm tooooooo late they already lost bummer too Bob.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky