North Florida Gathering IIII

Discussion in 'Events' started by pineywoods, Jan 6, 2010.

1. I would love to make this one. I missed last years. I have a camper, are there any electric sites left or is it first come? If not, what is the closest State Park to you. What is the address?

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

I still have spots with 30 amp electric and water

3. rio_grande

rio_grande Smoking Fanatic

Jerry with all those propane tanks you putting on a reverse flow building workshop,,,,

LOL

Looking forward to this trip!!

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

I wish we were Jeff but I still have lots of stuff to get before starting any builds.

I hope people are making plans to attend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sandy and I are attending with her cinnimon rolls and all. LOL

6. rio_grande

Hope everyone else is fired up about this. Had about 20 minutes down time today and what came to mind? How long is it before I leave for Jerrys :)
    Little over 1 month away.. Lets start making some plans and let me know what we can contribute.
    I think I have a couple goat shoulders in the freezer. As usual everyone can plan on some homeade summer sausage... If that is we don't eat it all before everyone arrives...

Come on folks I cant be the only one fired up about this...

7. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I echo Jeff's comments about being fired up and ready for some fun and good times at the Gathering. Jerry and his wife, Karen, are extremely gracious hosts (to say the least) and his place is fun for all.

Mark (Mballi) and I are going to get together on the general grocery list, soon and will shoot out a note asking for those that will be contributing. We'll be purchasing the essentials for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In the past, it's averaged about $25 per SMF person (which includes their family) but as more people contribute, the less it will be.

Can't wait for those darn cinnamon rolls, Rick and Sandy!! Will be great to see ya again!

8. rio_grande

MMM Cinimon rolls,,,, I better bring some milk!!

9. sumosmoke

Better add a cigarette to the end of them. They're THAT good! [​IMG]

10. rio_grande

that is halarious...

11. pineywoods

Now ya'll know those cinnamon rolls are homemade so as the host I guess I better eat the first whole pan of them you know just to make sure they are fit to eat [​IMG] Well maybe just because I've had them before and know how good they are yummmmmmmmmmm

12. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You are kind Jerry. I know they arent worth a dmmm. As a good husband I will eat them so Sandy doesnt feel bummed. LOL

13. rio_grande

Having been in similar situations Rick, one biskit incident comes to mind, I have found that if others join in and consume said foul food that it makes the offending cook feel even better. So Rick I too will bite the bullet and help you out cause that is just the kind of guy I am... :) :)

14. Justin, Alicia and I will be making home made biscuits and sausage gravy one of the mornings for breakfast. My suggestion is to bring stretchy pants and prilosec.[​IMG]

15. sumosmoke

Brian - that sounds sooo good!!

For anyone that hasn't caught on, gluttony will be the main star at this Gathering. [​IMG]

16. pineywoods

You mean you don't think we'll starve all weekend [​IMG]

17. pineywoods

I think after this past weekend we'll have some bacon for breakfast [​IMG]

18. sumosmoke

Yahoo!! Only a few more weeks, folks!

19. Counting down the days!

20. pineywoods

Ok ya'll were getting closer i hope you've made plans to attend. We like seeing all the friends that have attended past gatherings but we would also like to make some new friends so ya'll come see us for a day or the weekend the more the better