North Dakota woman sues Cabela's, Ohio firm, after severing fingers in meat grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 This caught my attention since the person is from the state I live in. I think warning labels should be removed from all products. Stupid people will weed themselves out over a period of time and eventually only people with common sense will be reproducing.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/191382

North Dakota woman sues Cabela's, Ohio firm, after severing fingers in meat grinder

Well said Marty!

Sheesh!    some people. lol
nonono2.gif

You just cant fix stupid. When do we start taking responsibility for our own actions?
That's just the problem, Scar-Some people just don't want to be held responsible for their own stupid mistakes.  

Unfortunately it will most likely be more cost effective for Cabella’s to settle than to let this proceed to court.

That is most likely what her lawyer is counting on, Easy Pickens. 

I wonder just how stupid we have allowed our society to become.  

I bought several window fans to use at our cabin.

They came with expandable sides, a lip to catch the window sill and a warning to not use then in an open window.

WTH???!  
jk.gif

Too much dependence on instruction manuals. People doing their thinking for them. Not paying attention to what's going on around. Pretending to know something and criticizing when someone doesn't. Maybe if there was less criticizing people wouldn't be so afraid to admit not knowing. Hurrying doing things in a frantic rush. So angry and emotional concentration compromised because of it.

We have intelligence it's called listening to our instinct. When ignored, it's called ignorance. Sometimes instinct is saying you don't know, watch out, pay attention, look for/gather more information. Familiarizing oneself with the equipment one is operating instead of just assuming to know everything. Taking the time to do so. I've had people get upset with me because I wanted (require) tractors off hooking up or disconnecting PTO drives. Or expect that the safety stands are down on machinery when working on them. People wanting to spray chemicals when the wind is blowing 45mph all the while complaining that insurance rates are high. That, you are angry with them for these and other peculiarities. It's too much an "inconvenience". Oh, it'll probably be alright...at least for a second or two...."we've got so much to do".

I do feel bad for this woman it's awful that she lost her fingers. Every day stories like these that aren't necessary at all. I don't even know that I call them accidents anymore. A lot of this has to do with taking the time to do the things that need to be done. There's a saying. Work like you have only fifteen minutes, it takes all day. Work like you have all day, it takes you fifteen minutes.

Only takes a brief moment to lose four fingers.

This is more of an indictment of our legal system.  The laws are made by lawyers.  The judges are lawyers.  Lawyers will always be lawyers, and that is a very evil thing.  The courts are totally biased in favor of a claimant.  In this manner the lawyers always have a payday and they continue to support each other.  Many in the jury pool want to punish the evil corporations and support others like themselves who are looking for something for nothing.  Insure yourselves well, and be very careful in everything you do.

I have the 1hp cabelas industrial grinder and the guard in the tray is held on by set screws and it can be removed for easy cleaning. I use my grinder without the guard (which I shouldnt) but it makes it eisier and faster without it. I am doing this at my own risk and am smart enough NOT to stick my finger into the hole. The unit comes with a plunger to push the meat into the hole. There are warnings all over the unit when it comes out of the box not to operate without the guard in place...

If something happend it would be my own fault. The only thing that would happen is instead of kielbasa I would be making finger sausage......

A Dawrin Award cannot be given here since she didn't remove herself from the gene pool.  What we need is the Darwin Patrol, who will!  

;>)}   that's a very big bearded grin to indicate that I'm just kidding!    

$150,000 they are chasing a quick cash settlement. In my new position at work I have learned  a lot about liability and the court system. If this thing was to go to trial the attorney fees for the two  named defendants would probably cost more then the suit is asking for. SO financially it makes more sense for them to settle with no fault wording and just pay the people to go away. Isn't the American Judicial System just Great!

I have had to cancel several event this year becuase of the perceived liability, I think other states aren't as bad as the sue happy folks in California.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky