Nonexistent Customer Support at Masterbuilt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

103screamineagle

Original poster
Jan 15, 2021
KY
I received my Masterbuilt smoker as a Christmas present from my daughter and son in law. The smoker arrived damaged. The door has a large dent in it. The box had a small hole in it that was completely unnoticeable until I saw that the stainless was damaged on the door of the smoker. I attempted to contact masterbuilt via the support number on the box. Boy was that a joke. Live support no longer exist at masterbuilt. And that is not an exaggeration. ONLINE SUPPORT ONLY!!!! And that "only" works if you have fully, completely, and correctly registered your product online at the website. To include uploaded photos of the purchase receipt, model number, and serial number of the product. How in the Hell do you get the receipt for a Christmas gift in almost any situation let alone my situation. The kids are both in the Air Force. They just moved before Christmas. Now one of them is on deployment (9 to 12 months) and the other is TDY in Hawaii. (6 months). The Masterbuilt reputation online has descended into the pits of Hell in the past year. (Just do a Google search) WTF??? I don't know who is running things there, but if they don't wake up soon and start steering the ship away from the rocks this company is finished. Companies like this are going to have to start taking some responsibility and step up and stop blaming everything on COVID. Just my humble opinion.
IMG_4669.jpg
IMG_4669.jpg
IMG_4670.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JC in GB
Is the damage largely cosmetic or does it interfere in the operation of the unit?

JC :emoji_cat:

Unfortunately their customer support has been a joke for several years now.Your best bet is their Facebook page and that's been pretty iffy as of late.

• Sad
I had an issue, but ended up just returning it to Home Depot since their customer service sucks. Maybe call them and see if you can exchange it for another one.

Did they order it directly from Masterbuilt or buy it elsewhere. If it were purchased online your daughter and son in law should have a receiPt they can email to you.

If it was purchased at a store, contact the store where it was purchased. That would be on the store not on MB

They need to file a claim with the shipper but even when they do, it can take 6 months to get anything from UPS/Fedex.
I had an issue that they just took care of with my 560 gravity feed that was slightly out of warranty and I also could not provide warranty info as it was also a Xmas present.
I emailed them and explained the problem and they agreed to send me the parts that failed.
I for one, am very satisfied with Masterbuilt warranty dept and folk.

Yea.. start bashing them on their face book page... they'll reach out to ya pretty quick.. one would think ...

Damn well better hope that's not directed at me,if it is pull the $h!t out of your ears.All I said was reach out to them thru their Facebook page but lately that hasn't been a great avenue either,how you could interpret that as bashing them on their FB page is way beyond me.

Damn well better hope that's not directed at me,if it is pull the $h!t out of your ears.All I said was reach out to them thru their Facebook page but lately that hasn't been a great avenue either,how you could interpret that as bashing them on their FB page is way beyond me.

EASY there big boy... how in the hell does anything I said refer to you... you said contact them through their face book page.. and I said yea.. bash them on their face book page... where in the hell do you see your name (or reference to you) in there anywhere... so maybe you might better clean the $h1t out of your eyes or find a new eye Dr. ... WTF

EASY there big boy... how in the hell does anything I said refer to you... you said contact them through their face book page.. and I said yea.. bash them on their face book page... where in the hell do you see your name (or reference to you) in there anywhere... so maybe you might better clean the $h1t out of your eyes or find a new eye Dr. ... WTF

Real simple Jack I'm the only one in this thread who posted get in touch with MB thru their FB page and the very next post is yours about bashing them on their FB page.

I edited the post... let me know if you still feel that it was directed at you... even though after reading it (and your post) 10 times.. I still don't see where you would think it was directed at you ... As we are/were talking about MB's face book page.. not yours...

I edited the post... let me know if you still feel that it was directed at you... even though after reading it (and your post) 10 times.. I still don't see where you would think it was directed at you ... As we are/were talking about MB's face book page.. not yours...

It has to be directed at me...there's no mention of Facebook in the OP's post.I'm the only one who mentioned Masterbuilt's Facebook page.And why you would bring up my Facebook page is beyond me...I don't have one.Your response was directed at me.

Wow! That looks like the same smoker I bought just after Thanksgiving, and the damage is in the exact same spot!
20201203_135131.jpg
20201203_135353.jpg

Except with mine, there was NO external damage on the box. Therefore, it must have happened at the factory in China before it was boxed up and shipped. This cannot be a coincidence.
The Masterbuilt website was NO help. I got an email about 1-2 weeks after I complained, and all they said was they were "out of that part", and to try returning it to the store where it was purchased. Of course that store won't accept returns that aren't still new and in the box (which I had to destroy just to get it out. I also had to use it a couple of times before Masterbuilt finally emailed me back.) I am not on Facebook, so that isn't an option for me. My only consolation is that the dent doesn't interfere with the operation of the smoker. Hope you have better luck!

• Wow
My original post on this thread was a cut and paste from a review that I had left at a consumer affairs website. "Non existent customer support" This is the company response from Masterbuilt.

" Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We are sending a private response so we are able to further assist you.
Thank you,
Customer Support

My response was. " Well I have received the cookie cutter computer generated auto response that they call a private message. Let see where it goes from here. "

Company response...

Good Morning,
I am glad to hear that you received a response. If you need any further assistance, please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,
Customer Support

My response...
Are you kidding me????? Another auto generated response. I have never been contacted by Masterbuilt to resolve the problem.....

Company response...

Good Afternoon Matt,

I am sorry that I misunderstood your last response. Please provide your case number so I am able to further assist you.
Thank you,
Customer Support

My response....
Wow!!! I am either corresponding with the worlds dumbest artificial intelligence computer generated email response system, Or it' some guy named "Ramesh" sitting in front of a computer in New Delhi, India that speaks English as his seventh or eighth language. I will say this once again. " I DO NOT HAVE A CASE NUMBER". Your stupid automated system will not allow me to register my product. Read the previous messages in the feed. I am now taking screen shots of this ridiculous exchange and I fully intend to wallpaper the internet with warnings for anyone thinking about buying a smoker to stay away from Masterbuilt products. As I feel it is a near certainty that they no longer employ a single human being in customer service side of the business.

Is the damage largely cosmetic or does it interfere in the operation of the unit?

JC :emoji_cat:
The door does not seal well at all. I'm probably going to take it apart and and fix it since I can't even contact masterbuilt. I figure after I fix it that they will contact me back in six months and say that they can't help me because I messed with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky