Nobody ate the ham bone..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Summerville, SC
This is what I do with the leftover ham bone from Thanksgiving.
20221203_150034.jpg

Cut the last of the harvest of peppers and clear the fridge of remaining stock..
Place in a crock with 50 / 50 pinto and northern beans, tomato and chipotles..
20221203_152330.jpg

Add the stock and water as required and let it go.

20221203_171935.jpg

Gonna be some spicy ham and beans for sure!

Mmmmmm...
Looks great. I make split pea soup, which we call "ham bone soup" at my house... we had to trick the kids when they were little, lol!
I'd like to make the bean soup like you, but it treats me poorly and my wife kicks me out of the room ;)
I'm the only one who eats it it so I make it my way.. and I too like the split pea and the seven bean with leftover ham.

Yes siree!
I got the same plates but mine still have the citronella candles in them... :emoji_laughing:

That sure is some good looking soup.

Point for sure
Chris

Awesome.. I need to get some of that pottery. Even if my food looks bad, might as well make it presentable.

That looks fantastic . Great Northerns all the way for me though . I bet the spice is great in that . Nice work .

Man, that sounds like my cup of tea...or should I say soup. Fantastic bowl of pure belly-warming comfort food right there. Nice job, as well as that shown by fltsfshr fltsfshr Both look great!!

Robert

Looks fantastic! Never had spicy bean soup like that and will keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing! Oh man tho, split pea... Have not had that like in 20 years. That needs to happen.

Was not gonna post but since you did, made stock yesterday with our TG turkey and think it will be a holiday tradition from now on. Oh man the smell, football on, Christmas stuff up, Christmas beer in hand...

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: pit 4 brains
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky