Nob Hill has pork butt bone-in $0.97/lb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

3-2-1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 31, 2020
I don’t think I’ve seen pork butt bone-in for $0.97/lb in a long forever time!!! Was shopping at Nob Hill in San Jose last night and couldn’t believe it so I bought a couple and had to make sure my eyes weren’t paying tricks on me..,checked the fridge this morning and sure enough $0.97/lb

Attachments

• EAFBAC8D-34C6-4E17-B42A-28BB07033F1D.jpeg
    EAFBAC8D-34C6-4E17-B42A-28BB07033F1D.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: JLeonard
Last time I was at Costco they were like $2.97 / lb or something like that. Typically around here on sale $1.47 per pounder

Fred Meyer here regularly runs them down to .99. Always pack the freezer with them at that price. Local restaurant supply place has them for 1.47 every day.

Fred Meyer here regularly runs them down to .99. Always pack the freezer with them at that price. Local restaurant supply place has them for 1.47 every day.
The Bay Area everything is over priced lol 😂 can't even find real wood here for the smoker!

Reactions: Teal101
Wood is not hard to find in the Bay Area by any means, with in an hour's time you can be in the delta region where fruit wood can be bought by the truckload for a fair price or you can head out to the coastal hills and buy oak wood. All it takes is a tiny bit of research and a phone calls or email to get it delivered by the cord or half cord right to your driveway. If you decide to drive the farm lands looking for the brush piles in the fruit orchards of the delta bring something to barter with. Smoked salmon a few bottles of some Napa valley wine, fresh crab which can be had starting next month by going out on Party boats for day trips. Any crab boat worth a lick you will be coming home with 10 nice size Dungeness crab to barter with. People go nuts for freshly iced seafood I've had them actually load my truck with wood for a cooler full of crab and salmon fillets with invites to come grab more wood any time I needed it. To say wood is hard to come by in the SF Bay Area just isn't true, it actually couldn't be any further from the truth. We have vineyards, orchards and wood suppliers with in an hour drive from pretty much anywhere in the SF Bay Area....try Craig's List if you don't want to drive around looking for wood or don't have a truck to haul it in. To say smoker wood is hard to find in one of the most fertile fruit producing States in the US could not be any further from the truth.

Wood is not hard to find in the Bay Area by any means, with in an hour's time you can be in the delta region where fruit wood can be bought by the truckload for a fair price or you can head out to the coastal hills and buy oak wood. All it takes is a tiny bit of research and a phone calls or email to get it delivered by the cord or half cord right to your driveway. If you decide to drive the farm lands looking for the brush piles in the fruit orchards of the delta bring something to barter with. Smoked salmon a few bottles of some Napa valley wine, fresh crab which can be had starting next month by going out on Party boats for day trips. Any crab boat worth a lick you will be coming home with 10 nice size Dungeness crab to barter with. People go nuts for freshly iced seafood I've had them actually load my truck with wood for a cooler full of crab and salmon fillets with invites to come grab more wood any time I needed it. To say wood is hard to come by in the SF Bay Area just isn't true, it actually couldn't be any further from the truth. We have vineyards, orchards and wood suppliers with in an hour drive from pretty much anywhere in the SF Bay Area....try Craig's List if you don't want to drive around looking for wood or don't have a truck to haul it in. To say smoker wood is hard to find in one of the most fertile fruit producing States in the US could not be any further from the truth.
That might be the case for north bay but when I look in South Bay on CL and not much buttttt....I hear Oaktree Woodyard is under new ownership and open again. Don't need a truck full, just a trunk full 👍

That might be the case for north bay but when I look in South Bay on CL and not much buttttt....I hear Oaktree Woodyard is under new ownership and open again. Don't need a truck full, just a trunk full 👍

If it's important enough to you, like I said damn near the whole Bay Area can be reached with in a hours drive from anywhere in the Bay Area. Go for a drive like I stated above, there is no shortage of great smoker wood throughout the Bay Area.

There are a number of ways to get wood to your home without leaving your driveway.

I'm from the Bay Area, born and raised and I can remember almond and cherry orchards but long since gone. It's definitely gotten more challenging to find good wood within reasonable distance. Driving an hour to get wood seems far to me but that is me, I guess I need to make a day trip out of it all 👍

I'm from the Bay Area, born and raised and I can remember almond and cherry orchards but long since gone. It's definitely gotten more challenging to find good wood within reasonable distance. Driving an hour to get wood seems far to me but that is me :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky