No wrap ribs one more chance

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well as you can tell there are as many ways to smoke ribs as there are members on here. I tried for years to perfect my ribs, & finally did it. You just have to keep trying different things until you come up with the ribs that YOU & YOUR FAMILY likes. Not what someone tells you that there way is the best way.
Al

Very true Al!!!!

I’ve read over your steps in your post and I believe they make your fav ribs, but I save that effort for a welly, a rib cook is a toss it and eating when done meal....lol. Call me lazy.....

just an FYI, my all time fav pork rib is that from a rack of pork that has been cooked to IT145. Holy smokes nothing but heaven in my book!!! So there you have it BB ribs at 145....shocker!

Well as you can tell there are as many ways to smoke ribs as there are members on here. I tried for years to perfect my ribs, & finally did it. You just have to keep trying different things until you come up with the ribs that YOU & YOUR FAMILY likes. Not what someone tells you that there way is the best way.
Al
I done your method and works well and they are good . Just determined to do some no wrap ribs. This is my last try than will go back to your method. One of those things just can't admit defeat!

I think a lot of the debate of wrap/no-wrap really depends on what type of cooker you are using.
I have a Cookshack FEC 120 and I generally follow Fast Eddy's no wrap method for St Louis ribs. I cook at 275° F. I do baste with margarine every hour or so.
I cook until the ribs read about 200° F between the bones or until they reach the desired bend flexibility.
For me, the wrapping method can really go sideways and result in an overcooked slide off the bone ribs if any number of variables go wrong.

UMMM Brian... Al's method is a no wrap rib... I use his method faithfully... they are perfect for us ...
This the one I been using

I love the 3-2-1 method, it's never done me wrong on any rib. I wrap for the 2 hours with coors banquet beer. I never check temp, just the bend and pulling away from the bone test, always comes out great. Right now I'm doing bison short ribs and it's the first time I've used a temp probe on ribs since I've never smoked bison and want to keep it from getting tough. Good luck, don't forget pics.

Spares (either untrimmed or SLC). No wrap. Membrane on. No spritz. No peeking. Temp anywhere from 225 (takes 6-9 hours depending on weight of rack) to 325 (roughly 3 hours). Probing for tenderness is key to when they are done.
I was murdering racks of ribs , until I started doing them like this . Always come out fantastic .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky