No smoking in FL this weekend. :(

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scooper

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
What in the heck are we going to do this weekend, my fellow Floridians?

I have plans!  I have things thawed! 

GRRRRRRRR!!!
Code:
HYDROLOGIC OUTLOOKNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL359 AM EDT FRI OCT 7 2011...HEAVY RAINFALL POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA THIS WEEKEND,ESPECIALLY ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST...STRONG HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE MID ATLANTIC STATES ALONG WITHLOWERING PRESSURE OVER THE CARIBBEAN WILL LEAD TO INCREASINGEASTERLY WINDS AND MOISTURE ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA THIS WEEKEND. LOWPRESSURE COULD EVEN DEVELOP. THIS COULD LEAD TO HEAVY RAINFALLACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA...ESPECIALLY ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST.RAINFALL AMOUNTS THIS WEEKEND ARE CURRENTLY FORECAST TO BE IN THE3 TO 6 INCH RANGE ACROSS MOST OF THE WEST PALM BEACH...FORTLAUDERDALE...AND MIAMI METROPOLITAN AREAS...WITH THE HIGHEST TOTALSEXPECTED TO BE NEAR THE COAST. ISOLATED RAINFALL AMOUNTS COULD BEHIGHER SHOULD THUNDERSTORMS MOVE OVER A SAME LOCATION FOR LONGDURATION. THE INTERIOR AND GULF COAST OF SOUTH FLORIDA IS FORECASTTO RECEIVE 2 TO 4 INCHES OF RAIN THIS WEEKEND.EXCESSIVE RAINFALL IS POSSIBLE THIS WEEKEND...ESPECIALLY ALONG THEATLANTIC COAST...WHICH COULD RESULT IN LOCALIZED FLOODING. STAYTUNED TO THE LATEST FORECASTS ON THIS DEVELOPING WEATHER SITUATION.

we must push through it   gonna have to reach a tropical depression before we will revert to our crock pots!!

98979b6e_water_on_the_road_during_rain.jpg

864494c1_blonde_and_mud.jpg

Canadian bacon ready in the fridge, MES is out in the pole barn.

Tomorrow, I'm ready, rain or shine.

'Course, I'm on the West Coast, you East Coast guys are supposed to get a lot more weather.

Scooper, get a Pop-up, $100 at sports stores and worth the investment, some 10' by 30' tarp and a wrap around shelter
biggrin.gif
That would get blown away tomorrow.
Canadian bacon ready in the fridge, MES is out in the pole barn.

Tomorrow, I'm ready, rain or shine.

'Course, I'm on the West Coast, you East Coast guys are supposed to get a lot more weather.
Yeah we are. But our wind gusts are the same here as they are in Tampa.

Tomorrow's wind from the NWS:

Windy, with a east wind between 17 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Luckily my patio is facing the SW & has a roof, so the wind & rain shouldn't be a problem. 

I have ribs thawing, and plan on some gator fatties for an appetizer.

We'll see how it goes!

You guys can all come to PA.

We're on our 3rd day in a row without any rain, with 3 more predicted.

I think it's the first time we had more than 2 days in a row without rain, since June!!!

We're re-routing our rain to Florida, and trying to get some of it going to Texas!!!!

Bear

Well it's not too bad here today.  Really windy with some scattered rain.

I put a temporary mod over my smoker vent to keep the rain out.

cecb7a40_raincover001.jpg

36881719_raincover002.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky